Chaper 14: [Strange New World]

GIDEONS POV:

The world I saw was hard to describe, the forest of mint and teal covered most of what I could see. The sky with a blinding white sun was littered with tiny white clouds and the platform we were on was so high up I could see it all. Amber headed to the center of the large clear platform to a tall cylinder. Once there it opened, and he stepped inside. It was dark at first when the cylinder closed but then the floor started to descend. We were once again surrounded by the same clear material as the platform. As my stomach flipped and my lunch threatened to appear, I was reminded of a book I read when I was still cherished at the orphanage. Charlie and the great glass elevator a Roald Dahl book I loved back then.

It wasn't long before we reached the bottom of that horrendous ride, and my feet were planted firmly on solid ground. Something I had failed to notice from the platform was a small road etched between the trees and a long tunnel that slipped beneath the earth. The passage was dimly lit but I could see clearly. Red and I were walking side by side a few steps in front of amber.

The tunnel was made of black rock that glistened from the moisture as light reflected off it. The tunnel's source of light was these blue and purple bioluminescent mushrooms that covered the walls and ceiling. The floor was also made up of the same black rock as the rest but was coated with a thick layer of vibrant pink moss that emitted a faint glow when stepped on. Each step we took was cushioned and it felt a lot nicer on my bare feet than the hard metal floor of the ship.

The earthy smell of the tunnel reminded me of the early morning when I would wake up at the clearing and the frosty dew covered everything. The smells of nature were abundant on this planet, and we had only just arrived. We continued down the tunnel until we reached a large opening. It was a cave with a large channel running from one side to another with tunnels on either side. There was also another passage opposite the one we had just exited on the other side of the channel. It reminded me of the subway on earth just a lot less artificial.

Similar but different.

The cave was a lot brighter than the passageways but still not enough to consider it bright. Amber tugged gently at the lead and led us to a corner where there were stone ledges that i assumed to be seats. He scooped us both up and placed us by his sides next to him on the bench. We waited a while just sat there until a long vessel came in through the channel on the right side.

The vessel reminded me of a train and once again i was left in awe of how similar our two worlds were. It was as though this species of aliens went through what we have as humans. Although instead of destroying their planet they preserved it unlike us.

The doors opened and we made our way onto the alien train. We sat in a booth and Amber set our bags up in the overhead storage compartment. Once again, the space inside the train seemed to be made for larger creatures than the race Amber was.

After a few minutes of the train moving, I started to feel tired, and my head began to lull with drowsiness. Red was already curled up with his pillow, but my blanket was still in the overhead compartment.

I tugged on Amber's clothes to get his attention and pointed to the ceiling where the overhead compartment was. He stood up with me in his arms and opened it up. I reached for the blanket that was sticking out of the bag slightly and he lifted me higher so I could reach it. After retrieving my blanket, I wrapped it around me like a cloak and Amber adjusted me in his grip.

We sat back down, and I tried to get comfortable even spinning around like red does but it was no use, so I sat there with my legs dangling from the seat fed up and sleepy. I looked up at amber who had been watching me struggle and just sulked at him. A few seconds later I was being hoisted onto Ambers lap and cradled in his arms. Startled by the sudden movement I didn't resist it, but it was confusing for me to be in Amber's lap like that.

A part of me knew that I was too old for this but another part of me wanted to enjoy the warmth and safety that this was providing me. I hated admitting that I liked it, but I already decided to give in to living as a pet. I gave in to the comfort and the last things I remember before I succumbed to sleep were the sound of ambers steady heartbeat and the gentle, soothing rumble of his purr.  

***********************************************************************

Hello darlings as promised here is the chapter I just finished writing. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.  

Sorry if you find any spelling mistakes I just wanted to get this out so you had something to read. 

See you next time darings please vote for the chapter so I know if you enjoyed it xxxx.