chapter 14

Shawn's POV
I still feel really embarrased about what happened earlier. I can't believe I thought about not being part of Magcon, its just that most of the boys look as if they're only vine famous for their looks, and I don't see how I fit in. After Paisley gave me a hug we heard the door open and extra voices.
"Well here's the family!" She said in an overdramatic tone. That's one of the reasons I like her, the way she always tries to make the moment good again, and always succeeds.
"Shawn, dinners ready!" My mom called up and Paisley walked down the stairs, obviously nervous to meet my parents properly.

Dinner was served at 2 tables as there was 9 people: me,my mom, my dad, Aaliyah, Will, his dad Paul and mom Elizabeth, Paisley and her mom Natalie.
"I just want to say Karen, this roast dinner is amazing! And thank you Manuel (Shawn's dad) for letting us come over. Its nice to finally meet you properly." Paisleys says in a polite manner halfway through dinner, I could tell she was trying to make a good impression on my parents, and she was succeeding.
"Thank you Paisley, your welcome to have dinner round here whenever you like" My mom smiles sweetly at her then at me. What have I done now?
"Does anyone want dessert? Shawn, can you gather up the dishes and help me serve the cheesecake?" My dad leads me into the kitchen after I gathered the dishes and gives me a look.
"So Paisley huh?..." He says
"What about her dad?" I could feel my checks growing hotter by the word.
"She's a nice girl" He smirks
"I know she is dad, that's why we're friends. " I emphasize to my dad to make a point.
"You do realize that when we go to New York your sharing a room with her, so no funny business Mr." All of a sudden my dad and I burst out laughing and we both carry the desert out, but I wasnt looking where I was going and trip on a chair leg.
"Ahh!" Is all I hear, and I immediately know its Paisley.
I scramble up from the floor and try to retain the last shred of decency I have.
"I'm sorry Paisley" I mumble and look at her. She had a strawberry in her hair and there was cream on her nose and top, I couldn't help but laugh.
"Have you seen yourself?" She smirks and I head for the mirror in the bathroom . Oh my God! I had cream all in my hair, on my shirt and my hands. I even had strawberry sauce by my eyebrow. I could still hear what was being said in the dining room, but then all I can hear is my mom saying "look, you've only been together a couple of days and he's already fallen for you. Lucky girl!"

Paisleys POV

"Can I use your bathroom, I just need to wipe this off?" I ask Karen and she nods. Shawn's already fallen for me? Yeah right!
I push the door open and I see Shawn stood by the sink, no shirt, on his phone. I stand there gawping at his abs and he looks up. His face turns red and he mumbles, what I presume to be, a hello. I snap out from my daze and notice something
"You missed a bit, right there." I point to his jaw and wipe away the cream with some tissue.
"Thanks. I'm really sorry for what just happened, and for what my mom said." Shawn says quietly so no one could hear at the table. I blush and say "don't worry about it, she was only joking around." In my head I was silently hoping he was going to say that she wasn't joking, but instead I got a cute little glance of Shawn looking really innocent aww!
"Its alright for you" I state "you can just take your shirt off and nobody would care" apart from me "but for a girl its different, people would think I was a flasher, and we wouldn't want that, would we?" Yes! Shawn is now smiling again, I was beginning to worry.
"Excuse me" I say to him, trying to reach the sink, then I wash my face with water.
"I could go next door with you if you want to get a clean top? I need to talk to you." He whispers the last part, making me feel weak at the knees.
"Sure, let's go and clean up first, okay?" I say
"Okay, I'll go get my charger, we're gonna need it." What is he going to do? I was just about to ask but he walks out of the bathroom, leaving his phone playing a vine in the corner.
"Hey guys, how would you like to see a collab with Paisley Brookes? Comment below, love you!" His phone blasts out. I walk out of the bathroom and go back to the table and find that the mess had been cleaned up.
"Paul, can I have the keys, I need to get changed?" I ask Will's dad, and he hands them over.
"Thank you for dinner, sorry for the mess." I wave off Karen, Manuel and Aaliyah first, then to Will's family and my mum.

******************************

I walked up to the front door of Wills house and find Shawn leaning against it, trying to look cool. "Your not a thug, so don't even try." I laugh and open the door.
"Im not trying, I am a thug. Wassup!"
"Don't, just don't!" Shaking my head I go upstairs and open my suitcase.
"Put your dance clothes on" Shawn calls up.
"Okay..." What does he want to do?
I get changed into my favourite black leotard with lace arms and throw my hair into a messy bun.
"Shawn! You can come up now"
He opens my door looking really excited.
"All I want you to do is dance, is that okay?" He asks "and then maybe incorporate me in it..."
"You want me to what?" I'm sorry, but he told me straight up that he can't dance, so what am I supposed to say?
"Don't look at me like that, you've hurt my feelings now." He makes this cute puppy face and my heart melts.
"Aww, you need a hug, come here." Shawn sits next to me on the bed and I give him a hug, just a friendly one.
"So, YouTube or Vine, I need to know what I'm working with here." I look up and laugh at his pretend hurt face.
"Stop making that face!" I squeal leaning in "it makes me want to give you a hug. " The smirk on his face grew until he looked like a Cheshire cat.
"My face is staying like this forever in that case" he says looking down at me "oh, and YouTube. I was thinking about a minute long video."
"What song?"
"Well, Justin Biebers Confident, because it reminds me of you." He mumbles and pulls away. I didn't realize we were still hugging.
"And you want to dance too?" I ask worryingly.
"I want us to try each others fortè, just to mix it up a little. So that means you have to sing to."
He must of seen my horrified face so he quickly added "Don't worry, its fine. I've heard you sing before, your great!"
"Whatever you say, Mendes"

It took us 2 hours to complete the choreography and record the singing, but of was worth it in the end.
"I'm so tired, I'm gonna go to bed. You did great today, sorry for my singing." I laugh to Shawn and he shakes his head in disagreement "I should be the one apologizing to you, I'm horrendous. Your amazing at everything you do, don't forget that." He says with a hug and I return it. I felt safe in his hug, and whisper into his neck "Thank you Shawn, your a really nice friend." I could feel his arms like loosen around me, as if he was sad, but I just hug him tighter. Why is he so sad?
"Night, see you tommorow?" I ask.
"Oh, er, yeah, maybe..." And with that he closes the door and leaves me all alone.

Thank you so much for 400 reads!I promise this story will get better, honest x
Love you all, please remember to vote, it means so much x