3

I'm on a cliff. That's all I know. My hair dances with the wind and I close my eyes trying to remember how I got here. A copper smell wafts up my nostrils and I wrinkle my nose in disgust.

"Life!"

My heart hammers mercilessly in my throat when I hear that sinister, sickening voice. I force my eyes open and take in the sight in front of me. The first thing I notice is the white, crispy hair tied into a ponytail contrasting the black cloak worn.
Then painted black lips stretched in a grin which looks child-drawn.
And finally, I'm met with  hollow, black eyes with charcoal rings around them, standing out against pale, chalk-white skin with stitches making lines across his face from many angles.

Shrill laughter comes out of him as he continues, "as you may have realised already,"

The laughter abruptly stops. The chills tickling my spine seem to travel through my whole body as I start to shake.

The next words are sung like a tune, "-is not as exciting,"

The chills make a home in the space around me as he starts skipping towards me in a disfigured manner, moving sideways, backwards and forwards like a dance. Havoc and chaos twinkle in his eyes as his tongue swiftly swipes his bottom lip preparing for the last line I know is coming.

"when inside all you feel is-" My breath hitches when he stops so close to me, I can see his scars.

"Dead." He finishes but I'm already falling and the tangy smell becomes stronger. I see legs swinging on the cliff edge playfully before my back is wet and blood splashes around me.

My room welcomes the sunlight like an old friend but nausea curls in my gut. I imagine it is not only caused by my dream.

l lethargically raise myself and stalk to the bathroom where I confirm a horror greater than the nightmares I've been having.

-

"Why are you so moody today?" Jiaying questions as we walk under the familiar bridge in Orabelle's area.

"I got a bloody gift this morning," I simply answer. Jiaying frowns in confusion.

"But if you've got a gift then why're you so- oh. I get it. Sorry girl." Pity creeps onto her face.

I tend to be out of focus when I'm on my period which is why I get an idea.

"You're right!" I say. My knee's hit the ground, my hands join together, I look up to the sky, change some of Bieber's lyrics and sing.

"Is it too late now to say sorry? Cause I, want to cut off a part of my body."

"Er, is that supposed to be praying?" Orabelle approaches us and waves. She's wearing a blue denim dungaree with a plain white shirt under it. Her braids are put into two big plaits, each are draped over a shoulder. I sport some ripped jeans with my classic red hoodie, an addition of my aviator glasses and my usual messy side ponytail which showcase my split ends. Jiaying has a black off-shoulder sweatshirt and a dark blue denim skirt and is rocking a new pixie cut.

We are going out today since it's Saturday and honestly, we are in denial of how much homework needs to be done.

"My motto is put pain on pain to get rid of old pain but that,"

She stretches her palm and gestures to me. "That don't seem right."

I look towards my so called best friend to defend me but her eyes are widened looking somewhere else.

"Ow! What did you do that for?" I whine rubbing my arm from the random slap Jiaying just gave me.

"Get up, the bus is coming!" Hastily, she and Orabelle pull me up by my arms- and I'm sure something has snapped.