16

We entered The Cage apprehensively. My friends were brave enough to come with me but hesitant enough that they stood behind me. But as I looked on the ground where the streetlights create shadows I saw that Aasim's shadow was standing closer to mine. 

I squinted so that I could see more clearly into the darkness. Silhouettes emerged and started to surround us, pushing us into the middle without even having to touch us. 

"This was a bad idea." Aasim muttered under his breath. 

"No no no no no. This was an amazing idea, " a familiar menacing voice spoke. A laugh erupts from him then he comes face to face with me. 

"Hey, wanna see a trick?" Spadille jeered. 

"Yes," Zeth replies as the rest of us say no. We all look at him bewildered. However, Zeth only shrugged.

"You want to see a trick?" Spadille repeated. He didn't wait for an answer again before sacks were placed over our heads and we became unconscious.

I woke up slumped on a chair, isolated in a small, empty room. Well it was empty except for  the man with the palest face I've ever seen with a creepy grin on it and cold, dead eyes above it. 

"You know, I really enjoy these times with you, Jackie."

I snorted. "I don't. You have tormented me psychologically. You ha-"

"How's your mum doing?"         

"What?"

"Jocelyn Napier," my mum's name rolled off of his tongue.

"She's... how is that any of your business?"

"Well Jackie you are my business now and that means everything about you is my business and you know what that means? You can... no you will help me in my business."

"Where are my friends?"

"Aww isn't that sweet? You have lapdogs following you around loyally. I do too. We're similar, you and I."

I scanned Spadille's face in disgust and he seemed to read my mind. He waved a finger around his face, gesturing to it.

"Maybe we're not the same in looks but we're similar in here." He pointed to his head, obviously referring to his mind. I narrowed my eyes. 

"They're not my lapdogs so don't ever call them that."

"They all need something. That's why they followed you to The Cage. Everybody in this world is all about self-interest. Me me me, it's a me world Jackie!" As he spitted these words in my face, his head shook absurdly with a crazed look in his eyes.

"To them you're loopy. When they get to know you, they'll realise you're actually...insane. When they don't need you anymore, they'll abandon you Jackie." I cringed as white foam filled his mouth and dripped down Spadille's lips, a vein popped in his neck revoltingly and one of the stitches on his face burst, causing blood to trail down his face. He licked the blood with his tongue distastefully and I looked away.

"I run a business here. I expect you to be apart of my business as well as your friends. Now..." Spadille sneered.  

"Let's talk business."