Chapter 9.

Bella's POV;

"Carlisle!" I yelled as my sister's heart started slowing down.

"Bella take your niece and leave the room." Carlisle told me, handing me my niece as Alice came in and got Braxton. We walked out of the room so Carlisle could save her. We cleaned both Braxton and little miss up. We waited for a while for Carlisle to come out of the room. The babies were bathed, fed and fast asleep.

"Bella, I think you should go to the res and tell them what's going on with Kristen." Alice told me, just then someone came into the room.

"I'll do it." I turned to see Jacob.

"What are you doing here Jake?" I asked him confused but also thankful that he's here.

"Ness and Edward sent me here to check on you guys and Kris." Jake told us with a sad look on his face as he looked at the door to Carlisle office where Kristen is. Jake and Kristen used to be really close as kids and before she left to go live in Jacksonville with our mom. They were like siblings.

"Tell them that she's in transition Jacob." Carlisle said as he came out of the room. He looked at me. "I'm sorry Bella, I know you never wanted this life for her but there was nothing else I could do. This was my last resort, her heart failed. I think the stress she's been under and the heartbreak that she's been going with the stuff cause of Embry did it for her. Her body and heart couldn't handle it anymore, but I did save her, just not the way any of us really wanted."

"Thank you Carlisle. I may not have wanted my sister to have to be in this life, but I am glad you saved her. Her kids won't have to go through the pain of their amazing mom not being here." I told him, looking that the triplets and also thinking about Ashton and Gunner. I looked at Jake and nodded for him to go tell the pack.

He nodded back and left out the door.

Jake's POV;

I walked onto the res land and immediately was greeted by a wolf, I realized as Paul and he was laying down by a house. His ears perk up and he looks over as I walk out of the tree line. He quickly ran into the tree line and came back out dressed.

"Jacob." He said, surprised. "What are you doing here bro?" He asked as he pulled me into a bro hug.

"I came here to talk to you and the pack." I told him as we started walking to Sam's whose house was only a couple houses down.

"You didn't get Renesmee pregnant did you?" Paul asked with a laugh, poking me with his elbow.

I shook my head. "No, we aren't even dating." I told him with a serious tone.

"Oh god, this is something serious. What's wrong?" Paul asked worried.

"I'll tell you when I tell them." I told him as we walked up Sam's steps.

"Jacob!" Quil yelled as we walked into the house. He got up and gave me a hug.

"What are you doing here Jake?" Emily asked me with a smile.

"Something happened." Sam stated. He could read it on my face. Everyone looked at him before looking back at me. I looked around to see the whole pack, their imprints including Rachel with her and Paul's three months old baby girl. Charlie, Sue and Taylor, Embry's mom were here and my dad.

"What is it son?" My dad asked, worried looking back at Charlie.

"It's Kristen." I told them. Sue gasped and looked at Charlie before looking back at me.

"What's wrong with Kristen?" Charlie asked, his voice just loud enough to hear.

"Where's Ashton and Gunner? I don't want them to hear." I told them, looking around the house.

"Leah's boyfriend is watching them. Now tell me what's going on with my youngest daughter." Charlie demanded.

"She's in transition." I told them, making them gasp.

"What about the babies?" Rachel asked, worriedly.

"They're safe, her heart failed after they were born and it was triplets not twins." I told them, remembering what Bella texted me when I left. "Two boys and Kristen finally got her girl. But Kristen's heart failed. Carlisle tried everything to get her heart going before resorting to the last option, but he did it so her kids would still grow up with a mother. Carlisle also said that the stress and heartbreak she's been going through with everything cause of Embry that her body and heart just couldn't take it anymore."

"So she's gonna be okay?" Sam asked.

"Yes she's gonna be okay, but she's probably gonna leave when she wakes up." I told them, looking at Paul and Jared.

"What do you mean leave?" Jared asked me.

"She texted me a few weeks before Bella and Carlisle came out here, asking me where we are living cause she needs to get out of La Push and Forks, it hurts her too much to be here, especially with not knowing when Embry is gonna wake up and if he ever wakes up. She planned on leaving with the babies, Ashton and Gunner and coming to live with us." I told them, looking at Paul and Jared at the end. "She obviously was gonna come and bring Ash and Gunns down to see you guys. But she needs a change guys."

"We get it. Kristen has been through a lot these past five months, kinda surprised she didn't leave before." Paul told us, looking from Jared to his wife and his daughter, Noelle.

"Yeah, Kristen is fucking strong and a fighter. She has been strong for Embry, Ashton and Gunner so much." Jared stated. Just then Charlie got up and walked out the door.

We all watched him leave. It broke my heart, he just got her back and now he's losing her and his grandchildren again.