𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. too late to apologize

if he wants to talk to me, he will.

NOTHING REALLY CHANGED AFTER THAT NIGHT AT THE CURTIS HOUSE. Despite him seeing me at my weakest, Ponyboy still ignored me. It seemed too easy for him to just pretend I wasn't there and walk past me in the halls, but I tried to convince myself that it had to have been just as hard for him as it was for me. But, eventually, I gave up too. I didn't try to win his attention. It didn't do any good in the first place.

Besides that, I could finally see things starting to get better with the gang. I was around more, more playful. Not to say all was well and I was no longer cold. I still was, but maybe I was getting better at hiding it. I'm sure the gang knew how easy it was to change that, though, so at times they felt like they were walking on eggshells.
Even when I did crack, I always bounced back. I had been getting pretty good at hiding the way I feel. Not just sad, but angry too. Or at least, that's what I thought.

Ozzy continued to give me the cold shoulder too. He had lots of friends outside of me, so I knew it was easy for him, but I couldn't help but wonder if he missed having me around. Even just a little bit. Ozzy was a sunny and light kind of person. He was always in a good mood. He was easy to be around because he was constantly joking. I'd never seen him serious. That's why he reminded me of Two-Bit so much.

The only person I had been talking to was Bryon. He made good company and we had a lot of fun in class together. I felt like I could be whatever I wanted with Bryon because he didn't have an expectation. That felt good. I hated being stuck in the box I so often felt I had to stay in when I hung out with people who knew me. It's nice when people know who you are, but sometimes it's also nice when you get to make that for yourself.

Naturally, me and Bryon became pretty fast friends. He hung out a lot with another boy named Mark, and from what I'd seen he was pretty alright too.

Bryon never brought up Dallas, but I was certain that he knew that he was my brother. I thought he did from when he heard my last name.
Though me and Dally didn't look anything alike and our personalities were completely different. But Bryon knew. I knew he did. He just thought it was better not to bring it up and keep things easy. Maybe that was for the best anyway.