The New Girl Pt.2

Taylor walks by the window on her way to the fridge before stopping when she sees the sight outside the window. She smirks before walking back to the couch and waiting for her daughter to come back inside.

"Have a good make out?" The blonde asks when her daughter comes back inside. The shorter girl blushes as she looks away.

"Were you spying on me?"

"No, I was walking in my kitchen. So, when do I get to meet perfect Gracie?" Taylor teases with a smirk.

"I dunno. It's still new, I don't wanna mess it up" Y/n mumbles shyly as she sits next to her mom.

"What's that?" Taylor asks, pointing to her daughter's wrist before the girl begins to blush.

"Gracie made it for me" Y/n replies, showing her mother the silver bracelet with the brunette's initials on it.

"Aww, that's cute. It must've taken a while" Tayor responds as she looks at her daughter's bracelet.

"She's just so sweet mom. I've never met anyone like her" Taylor smiles at her daughter's words.

--

Taylor walks into Travis' diner before she sees a tall brunette in a green apron making coffee. The blonde quickly walks up to her boyfriend before asking him something.

"How long has she worked here? Is she nice? Does she talk much-" Travis cuts his girlfriend off before she can ramble any longer.

"What's with all the questions? This is literally her first shift. All I know is that her names Gracie" The man tells the blonde before he sees the brunette staring at the blonde woman in front of him.

"She's staring at you by the way. Why are you so interested in this girl? She's just some random high schooler"

"You can't tell anyone I told you this, okay? She's dating Y/n" Taylor whispers before Travis glares at the brunette.

"I'm firing her. Right now"

"No, don't. Y/n's happy and she seems really sweet. She made her a bracelet. I just wanna meet her but Y/n won't let me" Taylor sighs before Travis speaks up again.

"Well, are you gonna order or did you just come in to complain?" He teases before Taylor's face lights up as she walks up to the brunette.

"Hi! You're Gracie, right?" The brunette's eyes widen when she sees the woman in front of her.

"Uh, hi! Uh yeah, I'm Gracie, what can I get for you?" Gracie asks as she picks up her notepad and pen.

"How about you come over for dinner tonight? It'll be very casual. Just me, you and Y/n" Gracie's eyes widen before stammering out a reply.

"Um, yeah, sure! What time should I come over?"

"Come over at six, we can watch a movie!" Taylor tells her before kissing Travis goodbye and walking out of the diner.

--

"So, I invited your friend over for dinner tonight" Taylor tells her daughter as they both sit on the couch.

"Which friend?"

"Gracie" Y/n's eyes widen as a blush appears on her face.

"What?! She's coming here?"

"Yeah, we're gonna watch a movie"

"Mom! This is so embarrassing! We haven't even been on a proper date ourselves yet and now my mom's gonna be here?!" Y/n groans in embarrassment.

"It's gonna be fine. We're just gonna have dinner and watch a movie. I won't even it on the couch with you guys"

"She's gonna think I was too shy to ask her out myself" Y/n replies as she runs her hand through her hair before the doorbell rings. Y/n quickly runs to open the door, seeing the brunette on the other side.

"I'm so sorry about this" She tells Gracie as she moves aside so the brunette can walk inside.

"Don't be. It's gonna be fun. I've been wanting to meet your mom" Gracie envelopes the shorter girl in a hug before Taylor walks in.

"Gracie! You're here! Have a seat and I'll go plate up dinner" Taylor walks into the kitchen before Y/n and Gracie take a seat on the couch.

"So, this doesn't count as a date, right? 'cause I've kinda been planning something for our first" Gracie whispers to the other girl so Taylor doesn't hear.

"No! This definitely does not count! Trust me, our first date will not include my mother" Y/n replies with a shy smile before Taylor walks back in.

"So, we're gonna choose between Frozen and Tangled tonight. Gracie, you're the guest. you choose"

"Um.. Tangled sounds good" Gracie replies with a smile as Taylor puts the movie on before pressing play.

"You know, Y/n had the biggest crush on Rapunzel as a kid? Her room was just one huge Rapunzel shrine" Taylor teases, watching as a grin appears on Gracie's face while Y/n groans.

"Really? Rapunzel? I thought you would've been a snow-white kind of girl" Gracie tells the girl with a teasing smile.

"Okay, I'm getting more popcorn" Y/n groans as she takes to bowl to the kitchen, avoiding the conversation. Taylor waits for the girl to be out of ear shot before pausing the movie.

"Okay, we're gonna have a bit of a talk now"

"Um.. do I get a say in this?" Gracie asks nervously.

"How about I talk, and you listen? That girl is very loved around here. If you take one step out of place, there's nowhere within a thousand miles that you can hide. You seem like a vrey nice girl but she's never had a crush before. She likes you so much and if you hurt her I already have a book with a thousand ways that I can kill you" Taylor tells her before Gracie speaks.

"You don't like me, do you?"

"I want to. And I usually get what I want"

"Is it my turn to speak? I need you to like me. If you don't like me, I don't have any chance with Y/n. Your approval means everything to her and if we don't have that, then she would never speak to me again. So, any time you need housework or anything, I'll do it. Anything to get your approval" Gracie speaks with the most confidence she's had since she arrived.

"Hmm, maybe I will like you" The two smile at each other before pressing play on the before just when  Y/n arrives. She looks between the two of them before smiling, turning her attention to the movie.