Taylors Sister

"Oh! Hey Gracie. You're kinda early, the show doesn't start for a few hours" Taylor greets the brunette when she opens the door of her dressing room.

"Yeah, I actually wanted to talk to you about something" Gracie replies as she nervously plays with her fingers.

"What's up? You're not bailing on me tonight, are you? 'cause I don't think I could find another opener on such short notice" The blonde jokes as Gracie takes a seat in front of her.

"No, definitely not. It's actually about Y/n"

"What about her? You're not breaking up with her, are you? I told you what would happen if you did that" Taylor begins to glare at the brunette in front of her.

"No! No, of course I'm not breaking up with her. Actually, I want to give her this" Gracie tells her as she pulls a small black box out of her pocket, opening it to reveal the gorgeous ring inside.

"Are you serious? Is that what I think it is?" Taylor asks, eyes widening when she sees the ring in front of her.

"I want to propose to Y/n. But I need your approval first. She cares more about your opinion than anyone else's. When I asked her out, she didn't even give me an answer at first. She said she had to talk to you first. I don't want to mess with our friendship either so if you say no then I won't do it. Taylor, I love her more than I've ever loved anyone. I promise I will never do anything to hurt her-" The brunette is cut off when the blonde starts chuckling, leaving Gracie with a scared look on her face.

"Of course I'm gonna say yes! I've never seen Y/n happier than when she's with you. And you'll be my sister-in-law! It'll be great!" Taylor exclaims excitedly as she pulls the shorter girl in for a big hug.

"It's not guaranteed yet. She might say no" Gracie replies nervously as Taylor bursts out laughing at her.

"There is no chance she's gonna say no. That girl has been obsessed with you before you two even met. She literally begged me to come to all the shows you were opening for just so there was a chance you two could talk more" Taylor replies as Gracie's face turns red.

"Well, there might be a small chance. She's kinda mad at me right now" Gracie replies as she sheepishly looks away, causing Taylor to send her a small glare.

"What did you do?"

"Nothing! I've just been really busy lately I haven't really had time to be home. I haven't been able to watch Love Island with her and we had a small fight about it last night and I haven't really apologized yet" Gracie replies as Taylor sighs before pulling out her phone to call her sister, telling Gracie not to say anything.

"Hey Tay! What's up?" Y/n asks when she answers the phone.

"Hey Y/n, I was just wondering if something happened with Gracie? She's been really quiet today; I can barely get a word out of her" Taylor replies with a smirk.

"Well, she didn't seem upset yesterday. She seemed perfectly fine when she came home late for the 4th time this week" Y/n grumbles over the phone.

"So, you did have a fight?"

"It was hardly a fight. I called her out on it and then I sent her to the couch. I haven't spoken to her since"

"Has she spoken to you?" Taylor asks.

"She tried this morning but then she left for work. I don't know if I can do this with her, Taylor. She's working all the time. When we first got together, she would always spend time with me but now I only see her for a couple hours a day. I'm almost always asleep when she comes home, Taylor. I love her so much, but I don't even know if she would care if I left her" Y/n sobs to her sister.

"Do you want her to come home? I can get Phoebe to open tonight, Gracie can come straight home to you. You guys can talk it out" Taylor replies as she glares at her friend.

"No, I don't want to see her right now. I don't want her to come home just because she thinks I want her to. I want her to want to" Y/n replies before saying bye to her sister and hanging up the phone.

"I guess that fight wasn't as small as you thought" Taylor glares at the brunette seeing a guilty look appear on her face.

"I didn't know it was affecting her this much. I've just been ring shopping. I can't find the right one and I guess it's taking more time than I thought it would. I never meant to do this Taylor" Gracie says as tears fill her eyes before Taylor sighs.

"Go home. Y/n needs you whether she wants to admit it or not. Phoebe will open tonight. Just go fix your relationship. You can't be my sister-in-law if Y/n breaks up with you" Taylor tells her before the brunette goes running towards her car and drives to her house. She stops along the way to get some flowers and chocolate before finally arriving home.

Gracie walks into her house before seeing her girlfriend making dinner. She puts the flowers and chocolate on the counter before walking behind her and wrapping her arms around her waist only to receive no response.

"Y/n? I'm sorry about last night. Can we talk please?" Gracie asks, pressing soft kisses against her girlfriend's neck.

"About what?"

"About us. Taylor told me about the phone call. I didn't know it was affecting you this much. I promise I'm gonna stop working so much" Gracie tells her as they both go to sit on the couch.

"Is that really what you've been doing? I was talking to Audrey earlier. She said you've been hanging out every day when you told me you were working. She got really panicked when I called her out on it. Are you seeing someone else?" Y/n asks causing Gracie's face to turn panicked.

"No! Of course not! Audrey's just been helping me with something"

"With what?" Y/n asks with tears in her eyes. Gracie sighs before standing up and getting something from the bottom of her drawer before walking back to the couch.

"I wanted to wait until we went on vacation or something, but I guess this'll do" Gracie tells her as she shows her the black box before opening it to reveal the ring inside. Y/n's eyes widen as a small grin starts to appear on her face.

"This wasn't really how I wanted to do it, but I don't really wanna wait any longer. Y/n, my whole life I never thought I would be this happy. I thought I would just have to go through life just trying to make sure people don't find out how miserable I was. You made me realize that I don't have to feel like that. I don't have to be so sad and hide it all the time. You make me happier than I've ever been Y/n and I wanna spend the rest of my life with you and I hope you feel the same. Y/n Swift, will you marry me?" The brunette asks with tears in her eyes while Y/n grins and nods happily.

"Yes! Of course I will!" The two share a passionate kiss before pulling away due to Y/n's phone going off. She opens the messages from her friends only to see they're all videos of Taylor calling Gracie her future sister-in-law.

"Lucky you did this now, Taylor just told the entire internet" Y/n tells her fiancé while the brunette just sighs fondly.