7•No break for you

Chapter 7
No break for you

• The next day •

Azabu, Tokyo
Dynasty Hospital

Ian walked into the building confidently, looking at the reception staff and greeting everyone with a slight bow. "Hello," he smiled.

     The student looked up at him, blinking repeatedly. "Hello, Sir," she replied, her mouth dry.
What a man...

     Ian looked around, hoping he would encounter the person he was looking for. "Call Doctor Park for me," he requested.

     The receptionist stuttered. "Hum... Which one? And do you have an appointment?"

Well, this feels familiar...
Ian smiled at her. "The daughter. And tell her my name, will you?" He asked.

     The student hesitated but obliged. "You are?"

"Mr. Yu."

•••

     Haemi rolled her eyes when she heard the receptionist over the phone. "Just tell him to come upstairs. What game is he playing now, summoning me like that?" she complained. After her dream, she managed to avoid JK all this time but figured he would make it more challenging. However, when Ian opened the door to her office, she grew pale. "Pedoppa..." she called his nickname.

     Ian ignored the nickname. "It's been a while, brat," he said, entering the office. "You've changed..." He noticed her new demeanor the most. She didn't wear glasses anymore, but she looked more tired than before.

     Haemi gulped, confused. "What are you doing here? I'm sorry for making you come up. I thought it was-"

     "My brother. I thought so. How are things?" he interrupted, sitting on the large sofa.

     Haemi was standing by her desk. Instead of answering, she stared at him. He had changed as well. He looked less nice and even more confident—if that was possible. "Why are you here?"

     Ian picked up his phone and checked his text. "Still so rude, huh?" he mumbled, lifting an eyebrow. Maybe she didn't change that much. "I'm planning a surprise for Kali. You're coming to Greece," he announced. Ian kept talking about a few details, ignoring the distress in her eyes.

     "Pedoppa! Slow down. I have work to do here," she reminded him.

     Ian stood up. "You're coming to Greece. You're off for ten days," he decided for her, checking her office out again before stepping to the door.

     Haemi was confused. "Wait! Who's coming?"

     Ian was already opening the door to exit her office. "People close to Kali," he said, purposely omitting JK. Ian came face to face with Kyo. The Doctor looked him up and down. Ian returned the energy with more sass. "This guy isn't invited," he said in Korean after he read the name on his badge. Ian did not speak a word to Kyo and left Haemi.

     Kyo raised an eyebrow. "Who was that?" He asked.
     Haemi hesitated. "That's... Kali's boyfriend,"
     Kyo hummed. "She broke up with Kota?"
     Haemi blinked. "Uhhh... Yes."
     "Sad. I liked him."