20•To kill your love rival

Chapter 20
To kill your love rival

•A few days later•

Akasaka, Tokyo
Haemi's house

Despite Kyo's efforts, Haemi didn't eat much. She would take a bit from breakfast when he asked but threw the plate away as soon as he left. She didn't feel like talking to anyone. That day, she heard the doorbell after her phone rang multiple times. She didn't move an inch at any sound. Then it got more intense. The person was knocking and ringing the bell repeatedly. Haemi sighed, lifting the cover above her head until it was too much. She stood up and dragged her feet downstairs. It had to be someone she knew. She looked through the peephole to see her beloved younger brother, Yeonjun. Without a second thought, Haemi opened the door. "Junnie," she called.

Yeonjun looked down at her, raising an eyebrow. She seemed so different from what he was used to. "Ew, noona... I knew you were sick, but I didn't think it was that bad," he commented. He teased her, but he was worried.

Haemi looked at Yeonjun, happy to see him but slightly ashamed. "Who told you that I was sick?" she asked.

Yeonjun looked to his right, pointing at the hiding JK. The man cursed. "Dammit, Yeonjun..." he complained. "You were supposed to wait until she lets you in..."

Yeonjun chuckled before pushing his way inside her older sister's house. Haemi couldn't rival her brother's strength when he pushed the door open. JK slid in despite Haemi repeatedly asking them not to. "You guys..."

•••

Haemi talked, laughed, and, more importantly, ate for the first time since the operation. She told Yeonjun what happened at the hospital and why she couldn't work. JK listened carefully while he watched her eat. It felt nice to talk it out with someone other than Kyo.

After a while, Yeonjun stretched on the couch. "Alright. Now that I know everything," he started, looking around at JK and Haemi. "What's the big plan?"

Haemi and JK looked at the young man, confused. "The big plan?"

Yeonjun gave one firm nod. "The plan to kill your love rival..." he blurted out, trying to look casual.

Haemi almost spat her food while JK tried not to puff laughing. "Fuck!" she cursed, wiping her mouth. "Juna, what are you talking about?" she exclaimed.

Yeonjun rolled his eyes, still trying to be cool in front of JK. "Isn't it why Hyung is here?" he asked. "You can't fool me. I won't judge, but noona... Cheating is wrong. And I doubt you wanna keep cheating..."

"Fucking hell," JK lamely covered his mouth, unable to stop his not-so-quiet laughter.

Haemi glared at JK before looking at Yeonjun. "Who said anything about killing? No one is cheating! I'm not even married yet..." she defended.

Yeonjun squinted at his sister. "Then are we crashing the wedding? I've always wanted to do that!" He looked at JK with shining eyes.

JK was red from holding his laughter. He needed a moment to cool down. "Ah! You're hilarious," he wiped a tear from his face, holding his stomach. Haemi took a deep breath, ignoring her brother's crazy ideas. She met eyes with JK, reminding her of his words.
I'll come and save you.

Ebisu, Tokyo
Naomi's new apartment

     Kyoko ran around in the large apartment while the workers carried the brand-new furniture around the house. Kazuo observed them, and Naomi tried to get used to the new place. "Kyoko. Don't bother the nice people," she scolded when the girl bumped into someone's leg.