25•How smart yet clueless

Chapter 25
How smart yet clueless

Jey pointed the gun at Ian, glaring at him. He eyed Kali and Haemi, both gasping at the scene. Ian stood, holding his shoulder. A gun was at his feet. JK pressed on his abdomen, lying on the couch and groaning in pain. "Rome..." Jey called the enraged man, noticing that being shot didn't dissuade him from approaching the pained JK. "Barom!" he called again.

Ian glowered at Jey, his eyes covered with hair. "Don't meddle, Jey. This is none of your business," he hissed.

Jey loaded the gun when Ian stepped closer to JK. "Rome. I'll shoot you again..." he warned.

Ian bent over to reach the gun on the floor. "I said it's none of your business," he grabbed the weapon, hissing from the bullet wound on his shoulder.

Jey sighed. "You just shot your brother. As your friend and advisor, it is my business..."

Haemi stared at the scene, hoping they would all be fine despite their wounds, but worried about what Ian was about to do. JK needed assistance as soon as possible.

Kali's eyes were wide open. She was confused and hurt as she watched Jey sweat under the pressure. "I-Ian! Please. It's okay..." she called her lover.

Ian looked to his side, spotting her. Everything hit him all at once when he saw her teary face. He dropped the weapon, feeling sorry for letting her see him like this. "I'm..." He looked at JK, cursing when he realized what he was about to do. Ian had sort of woken up. He stepped back until he hit the wall behind him, an intense headache taking over him quickly.

Jey relaxed, lowering his gun and walking into the living room. "Jake... JK... Are you okay?" he asked, kneeling by the couch and lightly slapping the younger brother.

Haemi rolled her sleeves up and walked down the stairs, rushing to them. She remained surprisingly calm, her doctor instincts kicking in. "Get me a wet towel," she asked Jey, ripping JK's shirt open. She pressed on the bleeding wound.

"Fuck... Haemi... Are you ok?" JK asked, seeing blurry. He was pale and sweaty, but all that mattered was her. He reached her cheek and caressed it with a light smile before slowly losing consciousness. "I'm- ...sorry..."

Ian sat against the wall, staring at Jey and Haemi taking care of JK and regretting his impulsive actions, even though they weren't... him. He looked up, seeing Kali carefully making her way to him. She sat by him, looking at the wound on his shoulder, teary. Without a word, she gently pulled his hair out of his face and stared into his eyes. "It's okay..." she reassured him.

He looked away, biting his lip in frustration. "I should be the one telling you that..."

She smiled when he pulled her into a tight embrace, hiding his tears in the crook of her neck. "It's okay," she repeated, ignoring the bloodstains on her clothes.

Azabu, Tokyo
Dynasty Hospital

Jey took the brothers to the hospital urgently. Due to the circumstances, they were in hidden VIP rooms where only a few staff were allowed in. Ian's operation was quick and easy, but JK's was complicated. The bullet damaged his organs and was hard to extract. Jey was on the phone with Kazuo in the hallway. Haemi was observing the surgery, and Ian and Kali sat in the room together.

"I'll get checked..." Kali assured.

"Ok," Ian tried to convince her. "Please. Let's get it over with."

Kali shook her head. "I want to wait until we have news from JK."

Ian hummed, looking at the time. He stared at the wall, wondering how long he had until Kenichi would come for him. "He won't die from that."