34•I'll marry you every year

Chapter 34
I'll marry you every year.

Yakuza Village
Rin Bar

Drako watched as Haemi emptied all the bears given to her. She still hadn't said a word. So he didn't pry. Drako had been in the village ever since the incident. He was to meet Kenichi and, most importantly, his idol, Kazuo. But he had no idea what to do. He wasn't allowed to go back to Okinawa. So he spent his days by the bar, meeting new people. He was a natural, so he didn't have trouble making friends. He looked at the three men in charge of Haemi. "By the way, I'm not paying for you..." Drako eventually said.

Haemi sipped on the beer with a frown. "Gentleman..."

Drako chuckled. "Do you know how many bottles you finished? Who hurt you?"

Haemi stared at the bottle a little too long. "Everyone..."

Drako rolled his eyes. "Ok, she-sus... Is he the one who got you three bodyguards?" he pointed at the men at the bar's entrance. "Or are they waiting for you to give them the okay to kill? Who are you even? Even Princess Soma doesn't have three bodyguards..." he commented, not hoping for a reply.

Haemi looked back at the bodyguards. "Dumbass..."

Drako raised his eyebrows. "Thanks..."

"Not you... Stupid Yu Jungkook..." she clarified. "Are you like... high-rank?" she suddenly asked.

"Oh, so you're not from here?" he realized. He quickly nodded at her before taking another sip from his beer. "Pretty high. I'm hoping to get the whole-"

"Could you make them stop following me?" she interrupted, not caring at all.

Drako growled internally, a little offended. "Why don't you want protection?" he asked, looking down at her.

"So you're not that high-ranked..." she teased, sighing. "I'll find someone else..."

Drako cleared his throat, looking at her as she stood up. He would get more annoyed if he couldn't call her bluff. "Yeah, because you know so many people here," he crossed his arms. "You were less rude when you were crying..." he reminded her of the state in which he found her.

Haemi groaned. "I hate this village..." She sighed, frustrated, and sat back down.

Drako chuckled. "Hey," he called. "I'm not high-ranked enough to give those guys order. But I'm clever enough to lose them. Where do you need to go?"

Haemi looked back at him, hopeful. She grabbed his phone and typed her address: "I need to go there... I need to get my stuff..." She purposely omitted the fact that someone might have passed out there.

Drako took his phone back and gave her a thumbs-up. "You got it, miss. So here's the plan. When I say run, you run." he explained quickly.

Haemi chuckled. "Funny. What's the real plan, Drako?"

"Run!" he said, already jumping on one bodyguard and kicking the other.

"What the fuck?!"

Shibuya, Tokyo
Police Station

Ian and JK were escorted out of the station by their lawyer and the Minister of Foreign Affairs. They took a back exit while a Korean detective—Nae Shin Il—fought for his life. "You can't! What is this? Are you taking them back to Korea, at least?" he asked. Superiors had sent him to get the Yu brothers he had been tracking for years.