Chapter 11

"Good evening, Tito Lloyd!" Carmina and Harvey greeted the young man simultaneously.

Lloyd responded with a slight nod.

"Is Karina here?" the young man couldn't resist asking.

"She's here, Tito Lloyd. But she said she won't come down unless you pick her up."

Lloyd's joy seemed greater than winning the lotto, as seen in his eyes. He was almost jumping with happiness. He took a few steps towards where the van was parked.

Meanwhile, Karina held her breath. From the tinted window of the van, she could see Lloyd approaching.

The van's door opened. Both of them held their breaths. Their eyes met for a few seconds. Their hearts pounded. However, seeing Lloyd's uncomfortable appearance, Karina knew she had to act.

"Are we just going to stare at each other or are you coming up here to prove to me what Harvey and Carmina told me?" she challenged the young man.

Upon hearing her words, Lloyd quickly climbed into the van faster than lightning. He locked the door and sat beside her.

Heat surged through her body as his body leaned close to hers. Her hands turned cold as he touched and kissed them. She looked down and couldn't look at him.

"I'm very sorry for everything, my love."

"My love?" She shyly looked at him.

"Yes. I love you, Karina!" he said, tracing her face with his finger. "Please believe me."

"But you hated me," she reminded him.

He smiled. "That was just pretend. Did you know that your eyes were what first attracted me?"

"Really?"

"Everything your friends told me is true. I've loved you from the beginning. I just tried to suppress my feelings because I didn't want to get hurt again."

"But you hurt me."

"It hurt me even more—"

"But I saw how hurt you were when Lyka left."

He shook his head. "It was just my pride as a man that was hurt. I realized I would lose more if I let you go. I love you, Karina. I'm sorry for the hurtful words, but not for kissing you. It was the only way I knew to express what's in my heart. But after that, instead of confessing, your anger always got ahead of me. You're so brave!"

She shook her head. "It's because of you. And Shirley."

"What about her? She was just a fling. I admit, I used her to make you jealous. But what happened was, I was the one who got jealous of you and Mr. Dueñas."

"You smeared me to that widow," she accused.

"I couldn't do that to you, Karina. We talked, and I told her I love you. And I also felt that you love me too, but you were playing hard to get."

She raised an eyebrow. "You're so arrogant!"

"I also told Troy and Mr. Dueñas that I'll marry you as soon as possible."

"Lloyd..."

"I want us to be the first ones to get married in this clubhouse of Preciousland Palace."

"I can't believe it. I must be dreaming..."

"I'll prove to you that you're not dreaming. That everything you heard is true. I'm determined to marry you."

Before she could react, Lloyd hugged her and eagerly kissed her lips.