A Moonlight Desision

Frollo lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling as he thought, oh ever since that night when she had lay beside him as a child he had secretly wished it would happen again. Her warm little body had now evolved into a beautiful figure that probably would have driven him mad if it lain beside him in bed. That woman, was he really going to burn her tomorrow?Well she had offered no information and was a gypsy, he had the right. But his conscious screamed no, it wanted him to free her, carry her from the jaws of death like a saintly knight and bring her here, to comfort her shivering body,to listen to her cry softly in fear as he consoled her, to stroke her hair to calm her and hear her irregular breathing eventually become steady again as she snuggled closer, needing warmth. To slow her pounding heart and hear her thank him drowsily as she fell asleep. Oh what he wanted was so different than what he was going to do. But she was no longer the innocent little girl; she had seen and heard things that made her an adult. But those eyes were the same from her childhood, the same curious eyes that had spoken to him all those years ago. He felt all sorts of emotions, anger, sorrow, confusion, hope, desire, uncertainty,pride and so much more, all jumbled within him, telling him yes and no. Giving a groan into the empty room he sat up and went to the window, putting on a velvet robe as he parted the curtains, revealing a beautiful midnight moon. A sigh left his throat as he knelt before the moon, "Oh Virgin Mary, what am I to do with the gypsy, Healia? What am I to do if I want her gone but want her alive as well? What am I to do if I care about her and hate her? What am I going to do tomorrow morning, the time I am to burn her at the stake? Oh Virgin Mary, if she is to die, may she be happy in the kingdom of God, please, that is what I hope for her if I choose that path. Amen"