☼Morning Reg☼

Tw: none:)

Overview: Just a James rant about sleeping Regulus. 

James (third person) POV:

Morning Reg is the best Reg. Along with all the other kinds of Regs. James really can't decide. But he especially likes morning Reg. It may be because when he wakes up, his eyes flutter open to a squint. Or maybe when Reg wakes up in his arms.

Regulus would usually move around before waking up; to see if he can get comfortable again so he could go back to sleep. On those days James would just stay there; admiring Regulus as his arms would go numb, along with his legs that Regulus so happened to be wrapped around. Those days were his second favorite mornings.

His first had to be when Regulus held him. It didn't happen often, no, but when it did, Regulus always held on tight. Even when sleeping, it felt like he was awake. On those very same mornings, when they both woke up Regulus would litter James' back with all kinds of kisses. Butterfly kisses, sloppy kisses, soft kisses, you name them. James loved waking up to him kissing his back and neck.

He would also unknowingly have a thick French accent that never failed to turn on James. And how he loved it. The small, flowing words spoken by an angel himself. Sent from the gods, or something. James knew that Regulus replaced his French accent with a British accent. James also knew that when Regulus was mad, sad, annoyed, sleepy, or any deep emotion he would switch to his French accent.

He would often hum or sing tunes in French while occupying himself with something, like reading, sketching, painting, or just stress cleaning. There was yet another side to Regulus that James absolutely adored.

Just like his brother, he stress-cleans. You would think Sirius of all people would be an absolute slob -in which he is, however in a different way- but he is a clean freak. When he is nervous he cleans. When he has nothing to do and James cannot give him the attention he needs, he goes to clean. Even when everything was clean, he would find something completely random to clean.

For instance, James came home from work to see Regulus sitting on the ground in his library, cleaning all the vinyls. However, he wouldn't leave. It took some insane amount of bribery to get Regulus to get out of there. (Totally didn't promise to fuck him ;))

But instead of telling Regulus, he would write it down. Like he is now; with a sleeping Regulus sprawled across his lap on the couch. He smiles as he turns his attention to the sleepy, exhausted Regulus on him. He leans down to kiss him on the forehead. He looks back at Regulus to see a small smile across his face as he shifts more into James lap, just how James knew he would.

☼☼☼

Words: 483