#22 Flashes

-I miss you

-I love you

Lewis stared at his phone, rereading the messages he had sent two days ago. He took a deep breath and glanced out from the balcony of his hotel room. The cityscape of Tokyo was vibrant, yet it felt strangely quiet at this moment. The neon lights flickered, and the distant hum of traffic was almost soothing. He blinked, trying to clear his mind, then slipped his phone back in his pocket. Silence was a rare luxury for Lewis, and he cherished these moments when he could rest his mind and ears. Normally, he was surrounded by noise—the roaring engines of race cars, the cheering crowds, the constant chatter of the pit crew. He was used to the loud, chaotic environment of the race track, where every second was filled with intense activity. This quiet and peaceful moment made him appreciate it even more.

The Japan Grand Prix 2024 had just finished two days ago, and Lewis wasn't happy with the result. He had hoped for a podium finish, but things hadn't gone as planned. Despite giving it his all, he had ended up in a disappointing ninth place. The race had been tough, with mechanical issues and a few strategic errors that had cost him valuable time. He couldn't help but feel disappointed in himself and the outcome. Standing on the balcony of his hotel room in Tokyo, Lewis took a deep breath and tried to shake off the frustration. He knew that dwelling on the past wouldn't change anything. All he could do was learn from the experience and look forward to the next race. He needed to stay positive and focused if he wanted to improve.

A tall man, his teammate George, stood beside him, also gazing out at the quiet city. George had just finished packing his clothes and thought of visiting Lewis before leaving Japan "You okay, mate?" he asked, noticing the tension in Lewis's posture.

Lewis nodded, though his mind was elsewhere "Yeah, just appreciating the view" he lied.

A chuckle escaped George’s lips, making Lewis glare at him. "You can't lie to me, Lewis"

He sighed, his shoulders slumping slightly "I-I just miss her, man"

George nodded understandingly, leaning against the balcony railing. "Oh, come on!"

Lewis looked down at the bustling streets below and took another deep breath "I haven't heard from her in two days. I don't know what she's thinking, or if she's even read my messages. I know I have no right to complain and ask for her time she doesn't like me—actually, she hates me"

George patted Lewis on the back. "How sure are you? Did it come directly from her mouth?" he asked, which silenced Lewis "Simone probably read your messages just give her some time. You know how women are sometimes they need a moment" He pursed his lips while staring at Lewis's face "But can I see your last message?"

"Shut up, George!" Lewis rolled his eyes, a small smile playing at the corners of his mouth despite his frustration.

George leaned closer, his expression sincere "Listen, mate. The best thing you can do right now is be patient. Keep reaching out, but don't pressure her" he said and winked. Lewis shook his head. "Who wouldn't fall for Lewis Hamilton?" he added with a grin.

Lewis laughed despite himself. "You’re impossible"

"I'm serious, though" George continued "You've got to show her that you're there for her, no matter what. Women like Simone, they need to know they can count on you"

Lewis nodded, absorbing his friend's advice. "You're right. It's just hard, you know? waiting and looking like crazy pushing myself on her"

"I get it" George said, his tone gentle "But think about it from her perspective. She's dealing with a lot too. She's probably scared, confused, and maybe even a bit overwhelmed. The best thing you can do is show her that you're not going anywhere, that you'll be there for her. Things will work out, Lewis"