SEASON ONE (1)

(Hi this is the author here, just wanted to say a few things before we start. I'm from England so some words may be spelt differently to how Americans spell them but hopefully that won't make much of a difference. I am going to try and keep it pretty American since it is set there but some words may be spelt American and some may be spelt English bc I already know I will forget to keep the theme throughout so there will be switching. Also I'm going to try to stick to doing a chapter every episode but that may change. I'm starting writing this after the first part of season six is out - literally binged it in one night. I hope you like it!!)

It was the two days before the first day back to school and let's just say Jess wasn't too thrilled to be going back. School was never really her thing, sure she was smart but the routine of attending the same lessons and abiding by the same rules was draining for her. She'd been working most of the summer at a shop on the beech to try and get some extra money for her and her dad. It was just them living together and her dad wasn't in a good place, especially now since he'd lost his job but Jess took it in her stride saying 'what happens happens' and always being as positive as she could in moments like this. She was walking back from work and catches her dad talking to a boy about her age, completely blowing him off.

She rushes over to the boy as her dad gets in his car "sorry about him" she says to the boy "I'm Jess his daughter" she introduces herself.

"Oh I'm Miguel" he responds "me and my family just moved into 109"

"Guess we are neighbours then" she smiles "I assume you'll be at school on Monday"

"Yeah I will" he takes a deep breath in "first day so I'm a little nervous" he gives an awkward looking smile to show this

"Yeah well it's not a big deal really" she says "I'm sure you will find people to talk to and if not I'll be around somewhere" she smiles

"Thanks" he says with a smile

"No problem, I'll see you" she says before walking into her apartment. She looks around at the mess and scrunches her face "great" she says to herself. She takes a few things to the trash before heading to her room and collapsing onto her bed with a sigh. After a few seconds with her eyes shut she moves to pick up her recent book. She sits up in bed flipping the pages to find the last one she read so she could continue. She used the money she got from work to buy books and she also got herself a better phone. Most of what she made went to any food or bills needed to be payed though.

As she got comfortable she continued reading from where she left off. She knew her dad was out searching for a new job and that he probably wouldn't be back until late, little did she know she would receive a phone call from him in the police department at 10pm.

"How long?" She asks a bit concerned

"Probably just a night, Sid will get me out" he claims. Sid was his step dad who he hated very much but has bailed him out of being in prison a few times before.

"Why are you there anyway dad" she asks him

"Some kids pissed me off" he says before elaborating "they where trying to beat up that Mexican kid"

"What Miguel?" She asks

"Yeah yeah that one" he says and she rolls her eyes a little since.

"Who was it?"

"I don't know, they are probably your age, seemed like real dicks"

She thought for a moment and all that came to mind was Kyler, what a fucking dick he was. He's tried to get with basically every girl at school, bear in mind Jess would never let him get close, and now he's onto Samatha LaRusso who's falling right into his game. For obvious reasons Jess and Sam never got on too well, or never really tried to. Jess is friends with Moon but would never dare to be seen in the 'rich girls' group, like Yasmine would let her anyway.

"Okay well hopefully you'll be back tomorrow" she says to her dad

"Yeah hopefully" he says "I've got to hang up now"

"Okay, bye"

"Bye" he hangs up the phone and Jess sighs. She texts Robby updating him about Dad. They always talk when they can even though they don't see each other very often. Despite being twins, you wouldn't realise it unless they were next to each other how similar they look.

Jess turns her light off and goes to bed hoping her sleep schedule improves before the start of school but even she knew that was unlikely.

The next day she heads to work for the last time that summer, today she was doing an extra long shift to finish off. Just as she was locking up the store she got a call from her dad telling her to go the empty shop next to the mini mark. A bit confused she still goes to find her dad and Miguel inside of what looks to be a dojo.

"What's this?" She asks

"Are you ready to learn the way of the fist" he asks with a smirk

"Badass" she responds with a smile.

.