Chapter 42

Alessandra

1 month later

I sat at my desk at Couture Elite, sketching designs for an upcoming collection. The atmosphere was lively with designers bustling about and discussing their ideas. My colleague Luc, approached me with a cup of coffee.

"Morning, Alessandra. How's the new design coming along?" Luc asked, handing me the coffee.

I smiled, taking a sip. "Good morning. It's going well, but I'm still trying to find that perfect balance. How about you?"

Luc shrugged. "Struggling with some fabric choices, but I'll get there. By the way, the higher ups have been impressed with your work. Looks like you're making quite the impact."

I smiled. "Thanks, Luc. I just hope I can keep up the momentum."

He chuckled. "I'm sure you will. You're a natural."

I nodded. "Thanks for the coffee, Luc."

As he walked away, my phone buzzed with a message from Valentino.

Hey beautiful. Just wanted to remind you how amazing you are. I'm counting down the days until I can have you in my arms again. I miss you. Take care and keep being the incredible woman I love.

I felt my heart flutter as I read his words. I quickly typed a response.

I miss you too. Your message just made my day. Can't wait to be with you again. Stay safe. Love you.

I put my phone down with a smile.

***

My day at work was productive and fulfilling, but my thoughts often wandered to my upcoming trip to Italy. I was finally going to see Valentino again after our time apart, the anticipation was almost too much to bear.

I had to share this excitement with my friends during our meet up.

"It's finally happening. I'm going to Italy next week." I spoke.

Amara responded. "You're going to have the best time. Italy is beautiful, and with Valentino, it'll be even more special."

Jade added, "Plus it'll be a great break from all the work stress. Have you planned out what you're going to do there?"

"Not really, but I'm sure Valentino has something planned. I just can't wait to be with him, explore Italy together.

Amara looked at me. "Enjoy your self and make sure to take a lot of photos.

***

Valentino had arranged for my arrival to be smooth and comfortable. He had sent a car to pick me up from the airport and bring me to to his villa, which nestled on the beautiful Italian countryside. After a long day of travel, I finally arrived and was greeted by Valentino with a passionate embrace as we spent the rest of the day catching up with each other.

Later that night, the heat of the summer was perfect for a late night swim. Valentino was already in the pool, sitting on the steps with his arms stretched along the edge, relaxed and waiting.