C-14

I stood outside Zia's office, and my heart was heavy with sadness and regret. It had been months since we last spoke; our once vibrant connection is now reduced to silence. Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door, the sound echoing in the quiet hallway.

The door opened, and I was surprised as Zia appeared in front of me. My eyes met hers, and for a moment, the weight of our unspoken words hung heavily in the air.

"Eli." Zia's voice was barely a whisper, filled with a mixture of pain and longing.

"It's been so long," she added as she looked at me full of emotion.

"I know," I replied, my voice tinged with regret.

"I've missed you, Zia. I've missed us," I said as I handed her a bouquet of her favorite flower.

She took the flower from my hand and smelled it.

"Thanks." was her only reply.

Then her eyes glistened with unshed tears as she struggled to find the right words.

"I never thought it would come to this," she confessed, her voice breaking with emotion.

"I never wanted us to end up like this," she continued.

I took a step closer. The distance between us is a painful reminder of the chasm that had grown between our hearts.

"I'm sorry, Zia. I'm sorry for everything," I whispered, my voice filled with raw emotion.

Zia's tears streamed down her face.

"I miss you, Eli. I miss who we used to be," she said, her voice cracking with sorrow.

"Can we talk inside your office?" I asked as I caressed her cheek.

She nodded and walked into her office.

I locked the door, then hugged her from behind.

"I miss you so much, Z; my life has been so sad since we didn't talk," I whispered.

At this moment, I could feel Zia's whole body shaking as she cried.

"Eli, do you know that by doing that, you only deepened the love I felt for you?" she says.

"Zia, that's why I came here to tell you that you're not the only one struggling with our situation," I said.

She held my hands, looking deeply into my eyes.

"Do you love me too?" she asked with a frown.

I closed my eyes and nodded.

"During our silence, I realized how much I love you. I understand if you doubt me now, but Zia, you know me well—I wouldn't say this if I wasn't sure," I reassured her.

Zia's sad smile touched my heart as she gently caressed my face.

"It's so sad that it took this situation for you to realize your love for me too," she expressed.

"Is it too late, Z?" I asked.

Zia gazed at me, her eyes holding unspoken words.

"Has your heart found someone else?" I asked, taking her hand.

She shook her head and sighed.

"Eli, you're the one who still makes my heart race, but it hurts that when the time comes that you're ready, I'll have to leave to chase my dreams," she explained.

"You're leaving? You're leaving the company?" I asked in disbelief.

"I'm giving the company back to Dad. I want to explore new horizons and seek my destiny elsewhere," Zia replied.

I smiled and gently pushed aside her hair that obscured her face.

"I've always supported your dreams, Z. I won't stand in your way; fulfilling them won't be a problem for me," I assured her.

"Eli, are you okay with a long-distance relationship?" Zia asked.

Returning her gaze with affection, I smiled and kissed her hand.

"Long-distance is no issue, Zia. We understand each other, and that's what matters to me," I answered.

"What if waiting becomes too much for you?" she questioned.

"I won't grow weary of waiting for you, Z. You're worth every sacrifice we'll make," I reassured her.

Seeing Zia's tears, I embraced her, gently stroking her back.

"Let me wait for you this time, Zia. I promise that when you return, you'll still hold a special place in my heart," I whispered softly.

"I'll hold you to your words, Eli. This time, I'm entrusting my heart to you once more, even though there are no guarantees against potential hurt in the end," Zia expressed.

"I promise you won't regret your decision today, Z. smiled, gently tucking away the strands of hair that obscured her face.

Zia looked at me and slowly brought her lips to mine. I closed my eyes as my heart swelled with a mix of emotions. Zia's lips met mine and she kissed me passionately, sealing our new beginning as lovers. In that moment, a sense of hope and commitment filled my heart, knowing that we had embarked on a journey of love and patience. As we parted, our eyes locked in a silent promise, reaffirming our dedication to each other. My decision to wait for Zia until she fulfilled her dreams only grew stronger, fueled by the deep connection we shared and the unwavering love that bound us together.