Chapter 9: A Sudden Attack?

Chirag got the location of the fake account owner through Internet provider company..

He knew there were full chances that the culprit would have fled from the address by now, but still they had to try..

He was currently with the team, heading towards the address..

He took out his phone to check Rishi's message, and saw his angry emoji...

Realisation dawned upon him, as he scrolled up to see that he hadn't replied to any of Rishi's earlier messages..

He quickly texted Rishi:"I'm sorry Rishi, have been busy with the cases these days, couldn't reply...pls do come today, we need to talk urgently."

He hoped Rishi would come..

...

Rishi was in the classes and didn't see the message for the next few hours..

It was around 1 when he finally saw it..

He sighed, thinking Chirag must have something very important to say.

He had another class and then his job which was till 7, so he could reach Chirag's home at 8 easily..

Rishi made a mental note of asking Chirag directly about their connection and also to remind him to keep texting him...for once he didn't care if he had no rights on him..

..

The address was locked, and after breaking in, they found a few pictures..

They were of the previous targets..

As they traced the pictures, they saw another picture after Devin...it was  of Simran..

Chirag glanced at her, she seemed unwavered by it..

She looked at him at the same time and spoke:"I think we can use this to our advantage."

Chirag nodded and they left the place..

At the office, they formulated the plan to lure the culprit towards Simran..

They knew the killer kidnapped the next target only after killing the previous one, but they couldn't afford it now...

So they intended to do something that would annoy the killer so much, that he would have to get to Simran first..

As everyone left the room, Chirag approached Simran, who was about to leave..

Chirag:"Don't worry, we'll not let anything happen to you, just follow the plan"

Simran nodded:"I know sir, we're an efficient team...but even if things go south, pls take care of my mother behind my back, she has no one except me"

Chirag could only see worry in her eyes, no tears, no questions...

He patted her back:"She is your mother, she is as strong as you...and nothing will happen to you"

She nodded and was ready to leave, but stopped and turned to him:"Would you mind if I ask you a personal question?"

Chirag was surprised but shook his head:"You can ask, I'll not answer if it offends me"

Simran nodded:"In the morning I saw your face, uhm..you were sleeping but with some different serenity..what was the reason of your rare happiness?"

Chirag smiled genuinely:"I got the best gift from the universe, my family"

Simran was surprised:"You didn't have one before"

He shook his head..

Simran smiled:"Congratulations...do tell them how much you love them.."