Afterwards 3 Small World

Okay, you all already know I can't shut up. I will make this chapter brief. I just had a most pleasant surprise and I'm going to take a few paragraphs to share.

I'm sure we all have run into folks who turn out to have friends we know. The whole 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon thing, where every actor knows someone who knows someone who knows someone who eventually knows Kevin Bacon by no more than seven degrees of separation. Actually, 'knows' is replaced by 'acted in a movie with,' but for the rest of us who haven't acted in a movie, 'knows' is more appropriate. In fact, through my sister who knew several Hollywood personalities, I'm pretty sure I am less than seven degrees of 'knows' removed from Kevin Bacon.

Anyway, I digress. Today, I got a phone call from Gary, one of my work friends from the time after my time in service which is where this memoir basically ended. You may know Gary from his poetry published under @Garosen84. He said he had just learned that one of his pickle ball friends was from my hometown in Arkansas. He put her on the phone, and she said, "Hi, you may remember me as Mikey..." I lit up. Of course I remembered her. She was the older sister of Greg, one of my good friends from Jr. Hi and High School. It reminded me how much I had left out of this memoir of the good times I had had with Greg, Chad, Bill and others. These times were more reserved than my adventures with Eddie, but they were no less enjoyable. I've added this afterward to thank them for those good times and to let them know they are not forgotten.