29.His first love

next morning 

SHANAYA

"I woke up to a pounding headache and a sense of disorientation. As I turned to my side, I expected to see Saransh's familiar face, but he was nowhere to be found. 

I rubbed my eyes, thinking it was just a blur, but when I opened them again, he was still gone. 'Where did he go?' I wondered, feeling a pang of confusion and concern.

 I tried to recall the events of the previous night, but my memory was hazy. I vaguely remembered laughing, dancing, and Saransh's constant presence by my side. But now, he was missing. 

I threw off the covers and got out of bed, determined to find him and figure out what had happened last night.”

"I sat up in bed, still trying to shake off the haze, when I heard the door open. Saransh walked in, looking fresh and ready to go, while I was still in the same saree from last night. I couldn't help but wonder what had happened the night before. Had I done something embarrassing under the influence? I didn't want to think about it.

"Drink this," I heard Saransh 

"Is it lemon water?" I asked, hoping it would help clear my head.

"Yes, drink up, then get ready. We have another flight to catch," Saransh replied.

I nodded, took a sip of the lemon water, and felt a slight surge of energy. Okay, time to face the day, I thought, still trying to piece together the events of the previous night.”

"I mustered up the courage to ask Saransh, "Did I do something stupid last night while I was drunk?"

Saransh chuckled, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Oh, you want to know about last night?" he said, his voice teasing.

I nodded, my heart racing with anticipation. What had I done?

"Saransh slipped his hands into his pockets and sauntered over to the couch, a nonchalant expression on his face. He plopped down beside me and said, in a matter-of-fact tone, 'You kissed me.'

My eyes widened in shock, and I felt my face flush with embarrassment. 'What?!' I exclaimed, trying to recall the events of the previous night. Had I really kissed him?

Saransh nodded, a hint of a smile playing on his lips. 'Yes, you did. And let me tell you, it was quite... memorable.'

I buried my face in my hands, mortification washing over me. What had I done?”

"Saransh burst out laughing, clearly amused by my distress. 'It's okay, it happens!' he chuckled, holding up his hands in a placating gesture.

I glared at him, my embarrassment turning to irritation. 'Don't make me angry!' I warned, trying to sound stern despite my flustered state.

Saransh's laughter only grew louder, and he doubled over, holding his sides. 'Oh, Shanaya, you're so cute when you're trying to be angry!' he teased, his eyes sparkling with mirth.

I scowled, feeling my face grow hotter by the second. This was not helping.”

"Saransh finally managed to compose himself, still chuckling as he said, 'Alright, go take a shower and get ready. We'll have breakfast and then head out. Our next destination is Venice.'

I nodded, grateful to escape the embarrassing conversation, and headed into the bathroom. As I closed the door behind me, I could still hear Saransh's muffled laughter. I shook my head, smiling despite myself. Venice, here I come!

I turned on the shower, letting the warm water wash away my lingering embarrassment. As I got ready, my excitement for the day's adventures began to build. Venice, with its romantic canals and stunning architecture, was a city I'd always dreamed of visiting. And now, I got to experience it with Saransh by my side.”