[VOL 2] CHAPTER 4: Outside of Battle

Rika and Devon are currently inside the changing room, getting ready to go to the hot spring located behind their base. As Rika was taking off her clothes, Devon hesitantly asks her a question. "Rika... are you sure you're okay going?" Her voice was out of concern to her, if possible, she doesn't want her joining them on the fun.

Hearing her concern, the girl smiles. "Yup, I'm sure. Don't worry, it's in the past anyway." She said as she continues to taking her clothes off, starting with the shirt. As soon as the shirt was placed down, her body was seen wrapped around with bandages from the collar bone to the waist, it's as if she's hiding something beneath.

Slowly, the bandages were unwrapped from her body. Devon's eyes immediately narrow, as she's still not used to the sight, no matter how many times she sees it.

On the back of Rika's body, was a scar of a word carving, that's seems to be from a knife. From a glance, it can be seen that it's been there for quite a while, possibly since before she was sent to the Specter Unit. The carving spells "Edifier Scum", with a few other slurs next to it. Not knowing what to do, Devon stayed silent.

Rika then chuckles. "Devon, I'm alright, promise. It's been almost six years since then." She said as she wrapped a towel around her body. Even though Rika assures her it's not a problem to her, Devon still feels like she's forcing herself to say "It's alright" just so she won't worry anyone. The girl looks behind her as she found another unuse towel. She takes it and gently places it on Rika's shoulder, which covers the scar on her back.

"I know it's alright, but... I don't want you to feel embarrassed about it, so leave the towel behind you, okay?" Devon spoke with a smile.

The girl grins, she slowly approaches and holds Devon's hand. "Alright, I will." They both chuckled, putting the gloomy atmosphere away.

On the Specter Unit, there are ten female Paladins, this includes Rika and Devon. The hot spring they're soaking in, thankfully can fit around thirty people, it's quite big for such a place to be placed behind their base.

As they finish changing their clothes, Rika and Devon finally made it to the hot spring, where most of the girls are already relaxing, with some of them still sitting on the edge only wetting their feet.

"Hey guys, sorry for the delay." Devon spoke as she places down her backup towel, followed by Rika. The girls greeted them both with a cheery tone. It seems that they are having the time of their lives, despite still being place on the closest unit to the frontline.

Pavlina, who's sitting next to Devon grins. "Devon, you and Nico seems to be closer than usual. I saw you guys sitting together a few nights ago." She said as she elbowed the person sitting next to her. Though, Devon didn't show any embarrassment, instead, she looked at her with a confident look. "I assure you, it's nothing like that." Hearing that, the girls around her weren't convinced. They gave her a look that's saying "Oh really? ~" A chuckle was heard next to her, it was Rika. Clearly, she's enjoying the moment.

Devon smiles, her gaze falls to Rika with a mischievous look. Instantly, she approaches her. "Rika, you may not show it, but you and Xander have also been bonding, right?" She smirks, enlighten with the situation. Hearing that, Pavlina gasp from the news. A few other girls were gasping as well, while the rest of them nods, agreeing with Devon.

Immediately, Pavlina approaches Rika. She mentioned, that Xander loves sweet things, and good thing that she knows how to make pastries. However, Rika brush it off, not denying nor agreeing with what they're saying. "" Disappointed, some of the girl pouts, while others are determined to find out about this next time.