Untitled Part 37

Gethen's POV

[A/N: Sorry for the super short chapter! It's hard for me to get writing motivation during the summer 😭]

"Thank you for joining us. This was News With The Neverseen."

At last, the camera stopped filming.

I turned to Alvar. "I don't remember game segments being this tiring."

Alvar sighed. "Me neither. Do you think this was a bad idea?"

"No." I said firmly. "We're just... getting back into the swing of things."

His shoulders relaxed. "I guess you're right."

I nodded, pleased, and headed to the makeup room. "See you later."

+++

Gisela's POV

I was sitting in my cubicle, dutifully waiting by the phone. I was about to pack up for the day when the phone rang.

"Hello, you've reached the office of News With The Neverseen. Who would you like to talk to?"

"I would like to talk to Gisela Sencen. Is she in today?" If I didn't know better, I would've thought the voice was Umber's. It had some sort of tone to it that made me uneasy.

"Um... This is Gisela."

"And I don't suppose you remember me?"

That was when I knew for sure. "Umber? What do you want?"

"What, I can't call you just to chat?"

"Did you call me just to chat?"

Umber ignored me. "I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten why I got fired. If I were you, I'd be careful until the end of today. You never know what could happen."

"I told you, I didn't tell Fintan who you were!" I yelled, but Umber had already hung up.