Chapter 17

Simpson growled.

He pinched her lips as if he’s punishing her for speaking nonsense. Napanguso siya. Mas madali kasi kapag ganoon! They want each other’s body. And their emotional state is still complicated kaya mas madaling ganito sana.

“No.” He scowled.

“Why not? Masarap din naman ang ganoon---"

“Shut up, please. I won’t let you decide for us again. We’ll get married, Hershey.” Mariing saad nito.

“Para kay Mc at Cali?” She asked.

Kumunot ang noo nito at umiling.

"They have special place in our hearts but we know they’re at peace now at hindi rin sila matutuwa kung pipilitin natin ang sarili natin sa hiling nila kung magkakasakitan din naman tayo sa huli.” Simpson said.

“Then, why marry me?” She asked confusedly.

“Because I want to. Not because it was Cali and Mc’s wish, because it’s my will.” Sabi nito.

Napalunok siya. She went to theraphy before. She’s fine now but there are things na hindi na masakit pero hindi mo pa rin makalimuan. Sometimes, you forgive but you’ll never forget.

“Masakit pa rin, Simpson…” She muttered.

Pain and regret crossed his eyes. He blamed himself because he’s the root why they both lose Mc and Cali. He’s still hurting, too. He lost a part of him and he’s the reason why the love of his life lost a part of her.

“I’m sorry… I know a mere sorry can’t heal the scars but I am deeply sorry, Hersh.” Simpson said sincerely.

Her heart ached. That sorry. The sorry she’s been silently waiting. Nasaktan siya dati dahil sa paninisi nito sa kanya kung bakit nawala si Mc, kung paano siya nito inakusahan na mahal niya si Mc. Wala siyang alam na ganoon nap ala ang nangyayari. That Cali fell for Mc and Simpson thought it was her who loves Mc.

He was hurt because he thought she cheated. At hindi lang siya ang nasasaktan dahil nawalan. Simpson is grieving because Mc is gone, and nobody even knows that Mc really exist that time. He was grieving alone. Plus, it all started when she blackmailed him to be her boyfriend.

“If I told you everything from the start, baka… baka iba ang kasalukuyan.” Sabi pa nito.

She smile at him sadly.

“Meron din naman akong hindi sinabi. We’re both at fault. And Cali and Mc, it’s their choice to leave us. It hurts but they both decided to leave for us.” She said.

Masakit pa rin pero natatanggap na niya ang pagkawala ni Cali. Cali told her to never get sad when she’s gone because she’s always in her heart. She’s right. Hindi mawawala si Cali sa kanya. At ganoon din si Mc kay Simpson.

”Might as well not waste their sacrifice?” She asked and pull him to kiss her.

Sandaling nagkahiwalay ang labi nila.

“Limang anak, Sebastian…” She whispered reminding him Cali’s request.

“’Yan lang ang kaya at gusto mo?” Hamon ni Simpson.

Namula siya at tinampal ang dibdib nito. She pulled him again for a kiss but he pull away. Nagtatakang tinapunan niya ito ng tingin. Pinangko siya ng binata para ihiga ng maayos sa kama. Kinumutan pa siya nito.

“Oh, shit. You haven’t eaten yet.” He hissed under his breath and carry her again towards the small kitchen.

Kinuha nito ang tray na may laman na pagkain at nilapag sa harap niya. She give him confused look.