Chapter 25: Back to Nevermore 🏫💕

Winter break had come to an end, and it was time for Wednesday, Enid, Yoko, and Davina to return to Nevermore Academy. The mansion had been a perfect getaway, but the familiar halls of Nevermore beckoned them back. Enid, still feeling a bit of the holiday magic, was excited but also nervous about resuming classes.

As they arrived at the academy, Enid clung to Wednesday's hand. Her pink backpack was filled with her favorite items, including her pacifier and a few plushies. Wednesday gave Enid a reassuring squeeze.

"Ready to go back, little cub?" Wednesday asked softly.

Enid nodded, her cheeks flushed with a mix of excitement and nerves. "Yes, Mama. I'm ready."

Classes resumed, and the first day back was a whirlwind of catching up and getting back into the groove. Enid's first class was potions with Professor Thornhill. The classroom was filled with the rich, earthy scents of magical ingredients, and Enid took her seat next to Yoko and Davina.

As the lesson progressed, Enid tried her best to stay focused, but the excitement of returning to school and the lingering effects of the holiday made her a bit distracted. She sipped from her water bottle and occasionally glanced at Wednesday, who was seated a few rows ahead.

Halfway through the class, Enid started to feel a little uncomfortable. Her tummy felt a bit odd, and she shifted in her seat, trying to ignore it. However, she was soon overwhelmed by the feeling and realized that she needed to use the restroom urgently. With a soft whimper, Enid raised her hand to get Professor Thornhill's attention.

"Excuse me, Professor," Enid said softly, her voice tinged with embarrassment. "Can I please go to the restroom?"

Professor Thornhill gave her a kind smile. "Of course, Enid. Just be quick."

Enid hurried out of the classroom, but her urgency made it difficult to make it to the restroom in time. As she reached the hallway, she felt a warm, wet sensation, and her face turned bright red with embarrassment.

Yoko and Davina, noticing Enid's distress, quickly followed her out of the classroom. They found Enid standing in the hallway, looking upset and on the verge of tears.

"Oh, sweetie, it's okay," Yoko said gently, her voice soothing. "Let's get you cleaned up."

Davina nodded, taking Enid's hand. "We'll take care of everything. Don't worry."

The three of them went to the dorm, where Yoko and Davina helped Enid into their room. They gently guided her to the bathroom and helped her clean up. Yoko found a fresh set of clothes and laid them out for Enid, while Davina cleaned up the accident.

Enid, feeling both embarrassed and relieved, looked up at Yoko and Davina with teary eyes. "I'm sorry, Mommy, Ma. I didn't mean to..."

Yoko gave her a reassuring smile and brushed a strand of hair from Enid's face. "It's okay, little cub. Accidents happen. Let's just get you comfortable and ready to go back to class."

Davina wrapped Enid in a soft towel and helped her into a clean outfit—an adorable pink sweater and comfy leggings. "You're all set, Enid. How about we get some fresh air and take a short walk before heading back to class?"

Enid nodded gratefully, feeling much better with Yoko and Davina's care. They stepped out of the dorm and took a leisurely walk around the academy grounds. The crisp air and the gentle snowfall made Enid feel calm and relaxed.

When they returned to class, Wednesday noticed Enid's flushed cheeks but could tell she was in better spirits. She gently took Enid's hand and guided her back to her seat.

"Everything alright, little cub?" Wednesday asked softly, her voice full of concern.

Enid gave a small, relieved smile. "Yes, Mama. Yoko and Davina took great care of me."

Wednesday nodded, giving Enid's hand a reassuring squeeze. "Good. Just let me know if you need anything."

As the rest of the day unfolded, Enid felt more at ease with her friends and Wednesday's support. The rest of the class went smoothly, and Enid was grateful for the understanding and care from her friends and her Mama.

After class, Yoko and Davina took Enid out for a treat at their favorite café on campus, ensuring she felt pampered and cherished. The warmth of the café, along with the comforting presence of her friends, helped Enid settle back into the rhythm of school life with renewed confidence.

Back in their dorm, Enid snuggled into her bed, feeling content and supported. With Wednesday, Yoko, and Davina by her side, she knew that even the little mishaps could be handled with love and care.