[EP 53] Gangsta's Paradise

A complete abandoned factory from outside, but who knew it could be completely something different from inside.

Two guards pushed the huge rusty iron door, which was curved with expensive royal antiques from inside.

Inside the vast area was going on some party with rich baddy vibes. Mafias from every area every rank were clustered in many small or big groups; eating, drinking, enjoying themselves.

Nish, hands in her pockets, walked inside with the black suited guards following her; Shekhar and Shubman on her two sides.

All the men and women in the room stood up to the sound of her footsteps and instantly made way for her, upto a reserved seat at the center, quite shaped like a throne.

Nishat walked inside with a mild grin at the corner of her lips. Before her hand even came out of her pocket, about a thousand lighters lit up to light her cigarette.

Nish: *pulls out a chewing gum and tosses it into her mouth* I don't smoke anymore people! You're raising the f*-*king temperature.

The lighters were turned off. Nishat stood before her seat, and glanced at the not-so gentry gathered.

Nish: *sits down crossing legs* Let the party begin.

There were seats for the guards as well. Shub sat beside Shekhar.

Shub: So you guys are mafias?

Shekhar: Umm... You still have a doubt?

Shub: Absolutely not! I thought she was doctor, now she is a ganster as well. Kuch der baad pata chalega mere sasur ka asli nam Dhirubhai Ambani hai.

Shekhar doesn't usually laugh much, but even he fails to resist the joke.

Shekhar: *picks up two wine glasses from from the bartender's tray* Mind having a drink?

Shub: Main jyada piita nahi... *taking on wine glass* But this looks nice tho...

Shekhar: Now that we have enough time... Ek backstory ho jaye?

Shub: I am dying to know trust me!

{Flashback}

4 years ago.

The Arman family was a middle class family with two daughters. Silvia went abroad for a higher degree in Cardiology after doing MBBS from India. Nishat was having the second year final exams in a medical college in Mumbai.

Dr. Arman, the head of the family, was a neurologist in Mumbai branch of GoodCare Private hospital. He was an honest person, thus his income was not so large as the other dishonest doctors.

Dr. Shafqat Sohail was Dr. Arman's close friend and colleague in GoodCare. After his wife passed away, he became a single dad of two children, Bilal Sohail, his own son and Fahad Farooqi, his nephew whose parents had also passed away. He had moved from Pakistan to India for his job.

The two families were close, they would spend their vacations and festivals together. No matter how their conditions were, they were still happy.

But it took less than a blink for everything to get destroyed.

Dr. Arman and Dr. Sohail were fired from their jobs by the owners of GoodCare, for gathering information against an illegal organ dealers' racket going on inside the hospitals. They were even deprived of their pensions.

The two of them decided to start up a new hospital and invested all their savings in the project. The hospital was named Arman Medical Hospital after Nishat's grandfather's name.

But the owner of GoodCare, Mr. Aurora, became anxious as patients started to shift from his hospital to the new hospital. Mr. Aurora besides being a successful businessman, was also a powerful guy. He sent goons and scattered the dreams of Dr. Arman and Dr. Sohail. The hospital building was burned with all the patients and equipments in it.

The next morning Dr. Sohail was found hanging from the ceiling fan in his room. He had become mentally devastated due to the incident.

Due to the fear of striking enmity with Mr. Aurora and his men, not even a single person came to the Janaza of Dr. Sohail. Only the Arman family and two orphaned young boys Bilal and Fahad were there.

Only three men being present, they were not understanding how to bear the deadbody to the grave bcoz according to the Islamic way four men must bear the deathbed to the grave.

Bilal: *red eyes* Mujhe kisi ki jaroorat nahi hai. main akele hi abba ko le jaunga. *taking up the whole bed on his shoulder*

Arman: *lending Bilal a shoulder* Kyu main bhi maar gaya kya?

Fahad: *lending his shoulder* Aap ab aisi baatein mat kijiye uncle. Isse jyada gum shayad humse bhi bardash na ho.

This heartbreking scene changed Nishat in a split second. She tied her veil tightly on her forehead and placed her shoulder under the fourth end of the deathbed.

Bilal: *surprised* Kya kar rhi hai?

Nish: *cold face* Wahi jo karna chahiye.

Fahad: Log kya kahenge?

Nish: Kya farak padta hai? Jo log madad mein kabhi lage nahi unke kuch kehne se kya hoga?

Arman: Par yeh jayez nahi hai beta.

Nish: *looking at the closed windows of the neighbours* It is a city of dead men walking around. Yaha kya jayez aur kya najayez?

Mr. Arman remained silent bcz he actually had no reason left to stop Nishat.

Bilal, who was standing beside Nishat, glanced at her; tears in his eyes but a slight smile at the corner of his lips. it was a smile of unconditional faith that he had on her.

Bilal: Nishat....

Nish: Hmm??

Bilal: Abba would've been very happy to see you now.

Nishat smiled yielding her shoulder to the heaviest burden in this whole damn world, the deadbody of a loved person.

#Thanks for reading!
#Not a native hindi speaker, so forgive mistakes.
#Sorry again for Hinglish, bcz plain English can't bring out the vibe!
#No hatred towards any celebrity.
#Enjoy!!!