CHAPTER:1

------

Heeseung's reputation preceded him like a dark cloud, casting a shadow of fear over the halls of his University. His sharp tongue and abrasive demeanor had earned him a wide berth, with classmates and teachers alike steering clear of his prickly persona.

But amidst the sea of wary faces, five figures stood out - jungwon,sunoo, ni-ki, Sunghoon and Jay, Heeseung's loyal friends and confidants. They flanked him like sentinels, their presence a testament to the bond they shared.

"Heeseung hyung, come on, man, not everyone's like 'them' ," Sunghoon said, his voice low and measured, as they walked down the corridor.

Heeseung snorted, his eyes flashing with defiance. "You don't know that sunghoon. You don't know what it's like to be hurt."

Jay placed a hand on his shoulder, his expression empathetic. "We're trying to help you, Heeseung hyung. You don't have to push everyone away."

Heeseung shrugged off his friend's hand, his glare silencing them. "Just drop it jay, okay?"

Sunghoon and Jay exchanged a knowing glance, their faces etched with concern. They'd seen the scars that lay beneath Heeseung's armor, the wounds that drove him to shield himself from the world.

As they turned a corner, a figure emerged from the crowd - Jake, the new student, with a smile that could light up a room. Heeseung's instincts kicked in, his walls rising higher.

"Great, another rich kid who thinks he owns the place," Heeseung sneered, his voice dripping with venom.

Jake's smile faltered, but only for a moment. "Hi, I'm Jake. I don't think we've met."

Heeseung snorted, his eyes narrowing. "You don't want to meet me. Trust me."

And with that, he turned on his heel, leaving Jake looking puzzled.

Little did Heeseung know, his life was about to take a dramatic turn, one that would challenge everything he thought he knew about himself and the world around him.