CHAPTER:17

------------

As Jake walked down the hallway, lost in thought, he stumbled upon a conversation that would shatter his heart into a million pieces. Ni-ki's voice carried through the air, his words piercing Jake's soul like a dagger.

"Hey, have you heard? Sunoo likes Heeseung, and Heeseung seems to like him too! They're always touchy-feely and flirty, making us singles look bad," Ni-ki said, his tone laced with mock envy.

Jungwon listened intently, a knowing glint in his eye. Jake, however, felt like he had been punched in the gut. The words echoed in his mind, taunting him with a harsh reality he couldn't ignore.

Heeseung, the person he had grown to care for, the one he had shared countless memories with, might be interested in someone else. The thought sent a searing pain through Jake's chest, making it hard to breathe.

As he walked towards his home, his heart heavy with emotion, Jake couldn't shake off the feeling of loss. He realized, perhaps too late, that his feelings for Heeseung went beyond friendship. He had been blind to his emotions, but now it was clear as day - he loved Heeseung.

Meanwhile, Heeseung had already come to terms with his feelings. Seeing Sunghoon and Jake's close interaction had sparked a jealousy he couldn't ignore. He confessed his emotions to his friends, who revealed their plan to make him and Jake realize their feelings.

Heeseung joined forces with his friends, eager to see the plan unfold. Little did they know, Jake had already stumbled upon the truth, his heart reeling from the shock.

As the sun set, casting a golden glow over the city, Jake and Heeseung's worlds were about to collide in unexpected ways. Their friends' meddling had set off a chain reaction, one that would lead to a beautiful, yet complicated, revelation of their true feelings.

Jake trudged through the rain-soaked streets, his heart heavy with a mix of emotions - sadness, regret, and longing. The sky above seemed to mirror his mood, with dark clouds weeping tears of rain that fell in sync with his footsteps. He couldn't help but think that if only he had confessed his feelings to Heeseung earlier, this day wouldn't have come. The weight of his unspoken emotions felt like a burden he couldn't shake off.

As he walked, the rain intensified, drumming against his skin like a relentless beat. Jake felt like he was drowning in his own sorrow, the droplets of rain merging with his tears. He wondered if the sky too was sad, mourning the loss of a love that could have been.

Finally reaching home, Jake's fragile emotions cracked, and he broke down, surrendering to the torrent of tears. He questioned every moment he had shared with Heeseung, wondering if those subtle touches and heartfelt smiles were just a facade of friendship. The thought of Heeseung with someone else, especially Sunoo, was unbearable.