CHAPTER:19

---------------

As Jake and Heeseung's six-month anniversary approached, they decided to celebrate with a romantic dinner date at an old diner, a quaint little place that Jake had fallen deeply in love with. Heeseung, ever the indulgent partner, agreed to Jake's choice, knowing how much he disliked luxurious settings and how much he adored the simple things in life.

The evening was perfect, with soft music playing in the background and the aroma of delicious food wafting through the air, making their stomachs growl with anticipation. They talked, laughed, and reminisced about their time together, their love growing stronger with each passing moment. Every glance, every touch, every whispered word was a testament to their deepening connection.

After dinner, they decided to take a leisurely walk in the park, enjoying the cool evening breeze and the sound of crickets chirping in the distance. The stars twinkled above, casting a magical glow over the night. As they strolled hand in hand, Jake suddenly craved ice cream, and Heeseung, ever the obliging partner, quickly went to get some, his smile illuminating the darkness.

That's when disaster struck. As Heeseung was crossing the road, a car came speeding towards him, its headlights blindingly bright. Jake's heart stopped as he pulled Heeseung back, but the damage was already done. The car hit Heeseung, sending him tumbling to the ground, blood pouring from his head like a crimson river.

Jake froze, his eyes fixed on the car, his mind reeling in shock. And then, he saw the faces of the people in the car - his parents. A wave of emotions washed over him - anger, fear, guilt, and helplessness. He felt like he was drowning in a sea of despair, unable to save the person he loved most.

He quickly pulled Heeseung into his arms, tears streaming down his face as he begged him to stay with him. "Please, Heeseung hyung, don't leave me," he whispered, his voice shaking with fear. "I can't live without you."

The ambulance arrived soon after, and Jake was in a daze as they rushed Heeseung to the hospital. The waiting room was a blur as Jake called Sunghoon, his fingers shaking with fear. The doctor's words were a comfort, but Jake couldn't shake off the feeling of guilt and responsibility. If only he hadn't wanted ice cream, this wouldn't have happened.

As their friends arrived, Jake broke down, confessing his fears and guilt. "It's all my fault," he sobbed, his body wracked with sobs. "I should have been more careful. I should have protected him."

They consoled him, but Jake knew he needed some time alone. He stepped out onto the rooftop, the cool night air a stark contrast to the turmoil inside him. The city lights twinkled below, a reminder of the world's indifference to his pain.

"Granny, what should I do?" he cried out, looking up at the sky. "I can't let Heeseung or our friends get hurt because of me. Why do I have to be born? I could've died, right? I really hate this. I can't do this."

The memory of his granny's words came flooding back - "Jaeyunie, remember if one day life gives you hard choices, always choose what your heart says, okay? You don't need to think about others' feelings."

With newfound determination, Jake got up from the bench and dialled a number. "Where are you staying? We need to talk." And with that, he left the hospital, leaving his friends worried and confused, unsure of what the future held.