CHAPTER:5

------

As the lunch break arrived, "the four musketeers" - Jake, Jungwon, Sunoo, and Ni-ki - made their way to the canteen, eager to find their usual spot. However, their excitement was short-lived, as they found the trio - Jay, Sunghoon, and Heeseung - already seated and laughing together.

Jungwon, determined to introduce Jake to the trio, pushed him forward. Jake, with a nervous smile, began to say "nice to meet you," but before he could finish, Heeseung stood up, his eyes blazing with anger.

"I thought we were going to eat," Heeseung growled, his voice low and menacing. "I didn't know why there's an unknown person doing drama."

Jake flinched, taken aback by Heeseung's sudden outburst. Jungwon, irritated, spoke up, "Look, Heeseung hyung, we know why you're like this, but look, Jake is totally different from 'others.' He's a very sweet person. At least get to know him first and then judge if you want."

Ni-ki added, "Yeah, and you should get along well because Jake's seating with us from today."

Heeseung's response was immediate. "Excuse me? If he's seating here with us, then sorry, I'm out."

Jake, feeling embarrassed and unwanted, quickly intervened. "N-no, look, Jungwon, it's okay. I'm not hungry, and the teacher asked me to meet her in the library. I should go, or else she'll be mad. I just wanted to say hello, that's it."

Jungwon's face fell, but Jake whispered, so only he could hear, "Please, Jungwon, do not make any trouble for yourself. Please calm down. It's okay. We still see each other during classes, right? It's okay, please."

With that, Jake quickly disappeared from the canteen, leaving the group in an awkward silence. However, Jake didn't head to the library as he claimed. Instead, he made his way to the rooftop, seeking solace in the quiet, empty space.

As he sat in the corner, Jake couldn't help but wonder what he had done wrong. Why had Heeseung behaved like that? The questions swirled in his mind, causing a storm of emotions to brew inside him.

Reaching into his pocket, Jake pulled out a small bottle of pills, his regular routine . He popped a few into his mouth, hoping to calm the turmoil within.

Looking up at the sky, Jake let his tears fall, allowing the pain and frustration to escape. He felt like an outcast, a stranger in a world that seemed determined to reject him.

As the tears streamed down his face, Jake realized that he wasn't alone. There were others like him, others who understood the unseen pain he carried. And with that thought, Jake felt a glimmer of hope, a hope that someday, he would find his place in this world, and he would be accepted for who he truly was.