CHAPTER:12

------------

As Jake returned to school, he was greeted with the news that their first two classes had been cancelled due to annual function preparations. The four musketeers decided to head to their locker to put away their things. Jake opened his locker, and his eyes widened as he saw a piece of paper with a mysterious message: "Please meet me on the rooftop before your class."

Jake's heart skipped a beat as he wondered who could have written this and why they wanted to meet him. He didn't want to worry his friends, so he made an excuse to use the washroom and snuck away to the rooftop. As he reached the top, he saw no one, but just as he was about to turn around, he saw Heeseung standing there, looking at him with an unreadable expression.

Jake's instincts told him to run, remembering Heeseung's hatred towards him. But before he could escape, Heeseung grabbed his wrist lightly and said, "Please, Jake, don't leave. It was me who asked you to meet me here. I...I'm sorry, Jake. I'm sorry for behaving like trash. I'm sorry I couldn't help it...but trust me, I'm changing. I'm changing for good, so please, Jake, forgive me?"

Jake was taken aback by Heeseung's apology, his eyes softening as he looked at the person who had once tormented him. "You're not trash...please don't be so hard on yourself...and yes, I forgive you," Jake said, his voice barely above a whisper.

Heeseung smiled, a genuine smile that made Jake's heart skip a beat. Heeseung pulled Jake to the nearest bench and began to open up about his terrible past, the pain and suffering that had shaped him into the person he was today.

Flashback

Heeseung's past was marked by abandonment and heartbreak. His mother, who had always been his rock, left him when he was just a child. She had fallen in love with a wealthy man, and Heeseung's father couldn't compete with the luxurious lifestyle he offered.

"I'm sorry, Heeseung," his mother had said, tears streaming down her face. "I have to do this for myself. I deserve to be happy."

But Heeseung didn't understand. He was just a child, and all he knew was that his mother was leaving him behind.

Years went by, and Heeseung's father did his best to raise him on his own. But the pain of his mother's abandonment still lingered, and Heeseung struggled to trust anyone.

Then, when Heeseung was a teenager, his father dropped a bombshell. He had fallen in love with another woman who's also wealthy, and he was leaving Heeseung to start a new life.

"I'm sorry, son," he said, his voice shaking. "I know this is hard, but I have to follow my heart."

Heeseung was devastated. He felt like he had been punched in the gut, like all the air had been sucked out of him.

"You're just like her," he spat, his eyes blazing with anger. "You're just like my mother. You only care about yourself."

His father looked at him, sadness in his eyes. "That's not true, Heeseung. I love you, but I have to do this."

But Heeseung didn't want to hear it. He turned his back on his father, and he never looked back.

The scars of his past ran deep, and Heeseung grew up believing that all rich people were disgusting. They were selfish and cruel, only caring about themselves.

He built walls around himself, walls that no one could penetrate. He didn't want to get hurt again, didn't want to feel the pain of abandonment.

But deep down, Heeseung was still that scared, hurt child. He was still the boy who had been left behind, who had been told he wasn't good enough.

And that's why he struggled to connect with others, why he pushed people away. He was afraid of getting hurt, afraid of being left behind again.

But he didn't know that he was worthy of love, that he deserved to be happy. He didn't know that there were people out there who would never leave him, who would always be there for him.

End of flashback

As Heeseung spoke, Jake's eyes welled up with tears, and he couldn't hold back anymore. "How could they do this to you...you were just a baby at that time...this is too cruel...you don't deserve this," Jake cried, his heart aching for the person in front of him.

Heeseung didn't know how to react, he hadn't expected Jake to cry like a baby after hearing about his past. But as he looked at Jake, he saw something he hadn't seen before - kindness, compassion, and empathy. Heeseung began to calm Jake down, speaking softly to comfort him.

As they sat there, Heeseung asked Jake if they could start from the beginning, if they could become friends. Jake smiled, his eyes still shining with tears, and said, "Of course, but I have two conditions." "What conditions?" Heeseung asked, curious. "First, can I call you Heeseung hyung like others? And second, can you please smile often??...it really suits you," Jake said, his voice filled with warmth.

Heeseung chuckled, agreeing to Jake's conditions. "Okay, I agree to your both conditions. Happy? Now can we become friends?" Jake nodded excitedly, and they shared a handshake, sealing their unlikely friendship. As they walked back to their friends, Jake knew that this was just the beginning of a beautiful journey, one that would change him and Heeseung forever.