Chapter 17: I Know.

♡George pov♡

Things were quiet after Karl left. Sapnap went upstairs to take a nap. Clay, Rose, and I were all on the couch watching a show Rose wanted to watch. Clay was in between us. I moved closer to him, and he glanced at me. He offered his hand, and I intertwined our fingers, glancing at Rose. She was focused on the TV.

I wish I could've kissed him earlier.

I rested our hands on the inside of my thigh. I cuddled into his side. He smiled as I nuzzled against him more.

"Why are you guys cuddling?" Rose asked.

"Becauss I'm tired." I told her.

I didn't want her to know about Clay and I's relationship like habits yet.

She focused back on the TV. I turned my face and kissed Clay's shoulder before laying against him again. His thumb gently rubbed against the back of my hand. We heard the front door unlocking, and we separated. Karl came in, and I smiled. I stood up and walked over to him.

"Let me see your nails." I demanded.

He showed me. They were very pretty pink. They were acrylic, but they were fairly short, only going a little past his fingers.

"They're so pretty." I told him.

He smiled.

"Thank you." He replied.

I wish I was confident enough to get my nails done like that. I've never been allowed to be feminine.

"You should come with us sometime. Me and Niki." He told me.

I slowly shook my head.

"No, it's okay. I don't think that's for me." I mumbled.

He frowned.

"Well, I'll invite you next time. You can come if you want. You're not bothering anyone." He assured me.

I nodded.

"Where's Sapnap?" He asked.

"Upstairs." I replied.

He nodded.

"Karl, can you paint my nails like yours?" Rose asked.

Karl smiled.

"Of course, hun. Let's go get your nail polish." He suggested.

Rose followed him upstairs.

"Wanna go to my room? I think we should talk." Clay said.

I nodded, and he stood up. I grabbed his hand, and he led me upstairs and down the hall to his room. We went in, and I shut the door behind us.

He seems tense.

He climbed onto his bed, and I did the same. He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"This isn't a good idea." He mumbled.

"What?" I asked.

He took a deep breath and sighed again.

"I understand if you don't wanna stay in here with me anymore, but I need to get this off my chest. I need to tell you even if it's gonna ruin things between us." He said.

I'm scared. What is he gonna say?

"I'm starting to get feelings for you, George. I know this is really sudden, and I'm sorry for just pushing this onto you, but it's bothering me so much. I can't stop thinking about you and looking at you. Everything you do makes my heart skip a beat. I feel so happy around you." He told me.