Chap 6

*Y/n POV*

It's been a few weeks since Ink and Error left. I smile to myself (after that vial I've been doing that more often because I like to remember what I felt) as I chew on a skittle, reading a letter from the other me (who has shockingly bad penmanship). Bff/n is sprawled out ontop of me, but I don't really care, because I could easily get out if I wanted to (key words, if and wanted).
"Hey, do you think we should visit them soon? They haven't crashed into our lives again like they said they would." Bff/n asks, and I shrug, "Whatever you want to do. Ink seems to be in a tight spot at the moment. Apparently, some AU copies are disappearing... I think I know where they're going, but I'm not sure I want to build on that thought yet."

"What do you mean, Blotch?" Was the question I had literally said I didn't want to think of mere seconds ago. I mentally scoffed and decided to answer anyways.
"Well, maybe because of the paint portals in that room, some of the AUs could be floating into the room. I've never really looked up there in this past week. I don't really want to go up and check though, because I haven't gotten any good sleep for a while."

"You're a lazybones, you know that, right?" Bff/n scowls and I chuckle and pat their head. "Whatever makes you happy, idiot." We stayed there for another hour or so until I was done with my party bag of skittles, enjoying each my friend's company.
"Okay!" Bff/n huffed, clearly unable to sit still anymore. "I really need to go check that room now!" They help me get up and off the couch, before pointing out, "You still got that pain spot on your cheek from a week ago. You gonna clean that up soon?" I shook my head. "I want every single Sans to recognize me as an alternate Ink." Bff/n snorted, "Yeah, sure."

We made it to the room after some playful banter and looked up (Bff/n with sunglasses on, finding the saturation overstimulating). There they were... The 'lost' AUs. Because I was wearing overalls at the moment, I took a small notepad out of the main chest pocket, before using the pen I had gained from Ink to write him a note.
I pushed it into the wall and had Bff/n get me a ladder (One, because I'm short af, two, because I don't think it's a good idea to have them touch the AUs. It's highly possible one will break because of their touch) to grab the pieces of paper floating on strings off the ceiling. I carefully collected the sheets before setting my pen on the bed and walking through the wall.

When I made it into the doodlesphere, I stared off into space for a few minutes, feeling at home, shockingly. I released my hold on the AUs, watching them all float up to where the rest of them were. "INK!!!" I shout, "I FOUND YOUR MISSING PAPERS!"
Ink appeared at my side (just as Bff/n walked through the wall) and thanked me. "No prob." I shrug, and he hands me a yellow vial. I stare at it as I would a pack of skittles. "Really?" I ask, and Ink shrugs, "I had extra. I'll refill it when I come and go. Sorry I haven't visited. I've been sear-"

A disorienting voice interrupted my skeleton counterpart. "sEaRcHiNg fOr tHe 'mIsSinG' auS. i ToLdJA iT wAsNt mE3E!" Bff/n cheers as the figure matching the voice appears. "Error!" Error shoots a tolerable expression (considering he canonically can't feel compassion [due to his mental state and anger issues], this is as good as it gets) to them.
They smile back to him as Error's face turns into a frown. He checks how many AUs there are and says, "InK, yOuRe mIssINg tWo." Ink's thankful expression drops to worry. "Which ones??" "hOrRoRtAlE aNd uNdErFeLL."

"Wow, what a weird combo." I say, half-spaced out. Bff/n elbows my arm, but I make no move to show that it hurt (because it didn't. I have a decently high pain tolerance). Bff/n hisses to me, "Be nice, Squid!" I roll my eyes jokingly, and Bff/n sighs in disappointment. I take a small swig out of my new vial, before exchanging goodbyes with the pair of Sanses.
Bff/n and I go back home, and I run to the fridge (having gotten an idea). I pull out MY (yes, I have an ice tray just for me. Bff/n has one for themself too) ice tray and take all the ice out, putting it in a cup. I full up my ice tray and pour a small amount of yellow vial into each section, before stocking it back into the freezer.

"There!" I say proudly, dusting off my hands and turning to see Bff/n staring at me uncomfortably. I catch on to what their thinking and shrug, "You'll get used to it, hopefully." There's an angry shout that comes from somewhere in the house that makes us both jump.
"What the hay was that?" I question loudly, "I'm pretty sure that you and I are the only ones that are supposed to be here. So, unless someone broke in while we were gone or something, we should be hearing peoples."

Bff/n's lip curls as they pull out a knife from the knife block on the counter nearby. "I've got this." I stare at the weapon's shiny surface before saying, "For once, I think violence isn't going to be the answer to this dilemma."
Bff/n scoffs and I chuckle before slapping them on the back (obviously not hard, I don't like hurting anybody, especially my friends) and grabbing my own knife. One with a cover and was meant for throwing. I stick it in my pocket... Just in case.