Chpt 5 - Know no pain

Godzilla ducked under a slash from Gigan, before putting up his arm to block a kick. In retaliation, he blasted her back with an atomic breath and rushed her, then weaved to the side to avoid both of her blades as she swung them down. He circled her, before bumping her in the back, and Gigan swung around at him in a fury, but she at most graced him. Once again, Godzilla hit her with a headbutt, which only stunned her for a brief time. In a blur of slashes, only the reflection of the sunlight at the depth they were in let him know, as he felt the searing pain of clean cuts. He clenched his teeth to contain his roar of agony, rearing his feet up and kangaroo kicking her back to put distance for his attempted retreat.

   Godzilla cursed in his mind he was running, but he was in no real state to continue a grueling fight like this, yet Gigan wouldn't give him the chance. The roar of a chainsaw echoed in the ocean and into Godzilla's ears, this was followed by the gnawing pain of hundreds of curved iron teeth tearing through his back between his dorsal plates. A million things fired off in his mind at once, some were expected; pain, and anger, but among them were some new feelings. Never before had he ever believed he could be hurt like this, which while it might have instilled fear, sparked... joy. The king had known no pain in his constant battles against monsters and men in his world, but here, he felt pain. Beginning to see red, his heart betrayed his mind and turned around to Gigan, who now loomed above him by the surface, and bolted up to her. She seemed pleased to see this new spark, even as he grabbed and crushed her wrists with a crunch that would send shivers up anyone's spine.
   "Good to see you've grown a backbone, beast.~ I was afraid I'd sawed it off!~" Two heavy, iron-toed boots hit Godzilla in the gut and propelled her away, but using the momentum she moved like a torpedo and rammed into the gut of the latter. Did this hurt or stun Godzilla? No. He wrapped his arms around her torso and began trying to shake her off, only for his forearms to be sliced open by her stomach saw. Gigan expected to hear him roar in pain, but he only let her go, and she did the same to get a clean knee to his chin. Now, the King of the Monsters tasted his blood and was intoxicated by his adrenaline. His eyes shot open and he grabbed Gigan's leg, feeling her firm synthetic muscles, and squeezed, before slowly breaking her leg at the knee. It was odd to him that she didn't scream, and instead grinned wider, and had a pink tint to her cheeks as she put her hand to her face, as if to cover up her attempts to stifle laughter that he seemed to be trying to hurt her. Soon, he broke off her leg at the knee, and in quick succession, clamped his jaws at her neck a shook furiously, feeling muscles be shredded. Godzilla, for once in his life, felt primal again, like an animal trying to survive instead of one that was catered to by the world. He faced the possibility of death, for once in his life, and he wanted to live on that edge forever. All these thoughts and emotions as he ripped and tore away at Gigan's body with his claws. Pieces of her now had been cut off as her dark blue blood filled the water in a thick cloud, her red visor's glow increasing in intensity as she mustered the strength to begin pulling Godzilla's bear trap jaws off. It was a struggle, but slowly she pulled them open with all her might and stared Godzilla in the eyes with disobedience, she wasn't going to lay back and take punishment, but once he was a few inches(To them) apart, she got a smug, ear to ear grin when she wrapped her hand around the back of his head to cup it, and made him eat rock by smashing it in there. Godzilla screeched in shock and pain as his snout was scrunched into his face, blood from all his previous wounds mixed with the blue of Gigan's, as some more leaked from his nose. Slow and intimidating, he shifted his whole body around to face her, but already he saw she was healing her wounds instant and casual, her leg even came back and reattached itself to her. If he tried to replicate that, he'd need to strain his body and energy, and even then he'd have scars. If he lost limbs, it'd be years before it could regenerate.

So, what was he to do with the seemingly unstoppable? Stand his ground, is what he did. If he was not an unstoppable force, he was an immovable object. Even in the face of his potential demise, even as the metal of her body glinted and her visor boiled the water around her, he was unmoved by fear or force as the red beam struck his chest and cauterized the wounds. He began slowly walking up to Gigan, whose hope for this fight had already passed, but her joy remained after seeing this creature's persistence. Before long, he was within arm's reach of her, but she held her fire, and before long, she was in arms reach. With speed that even for her was a blur, one moment she was looking at Godzilla, the next she was facing behind her, all while a snap echoed in her mind.

Godzilla held her head in his hands for a moment after breaking Gigan's neck, but he let her go and let her sink into the seafloor. The light of her visor and gem faded of life and the form roared in triumph, putting a conquering foot on the chest of his fallen foe. Even in a hundred battles, he did not taste defeat and soon knew not of challenge. But here, New opportunities presented themselves; New challenges awaited him, and he might know what defeat was here. Godzilla opened his arms out to the world as he roared for it to through whatever it had to offer him, welcoming it.