Introduction.

Shadowbrook Academy, the school where Ivy had been since sixth grade, was a place of memories she would rather forget. Throughout her years there, from sixth through 10th grade, she was relentlessly bullied, just as she had been at Riverside Elementary. Her bright blue eyes and white hair made her stand out, but not in a way that garnered admiration from others. Instead, it made her an outcast. Few dared to speak to her, and those who did often had cruel words. As the bullying intensified, Ivy withdrew further into herself, choosing silence and solitude over the pain of interaction. She learned to fight from her father, a boxer, and her mother, who practiced martial arts, but she never used those skills, as she didn't want to be seen as violent as the people who tormented her. Instead, she wore headphones constantly, even without music, to block out the world. She's always been able to hear to an extreme amount so wearing anything 'Noise cancelation' related was normal to her. But to her peers, or to anyone who knew about this, that was just another reason as to why she was a 'freak.' But this year, the start of eleventh grade, she told herself, it was going to be different. Shadowbrook Academy had announced a special raffle: one or two students from different schools would be chosen for a month-long trip to Tokyo. Ivy, the girl who never spoke to anyone, decided to test her luck and signed up, as she was also supported by her parents to finally do something with others, rather than stay alone. To her surprise, she was chosen. The news made her even more of a target for hatred, but she didn't care. This was her chance to change, even if it was for a month. After packing her bags and boarding the flight, Ivy met the other chosen students: Asher from Greenwood Academy, Oliver from Maplewood Academy, and the twins, Daniella and Diego, from Crestview Academia. Being on a trip with people unknown to her was different and Nerve Wracking since she was still scared If it would just be what she went through all of those years in a different place, and by people she never met. But she pushed her negative thoughts to the side, and thought positive, for the first time in a while. Nothing could possibly go wrong, right?