Wiped out.

Chapter 14.

              Around a few hours later, as the group stood together relaxing, Oliver's eyes snapped open, his breaths coming in harsh gasps. Ivy, who had been keeping a vigilant watch, rushed to his side.

"Oliver are you okay?" she asked, her voice filled with concern.

He nodded, but quickly swung his legs off the bed and stood up as if he had never been hurt. He pulled up his shirt to see his stomach. Where there had once been a grievous wound, there was now only a large scar. The room fell silent, everyone staring in shock.

"How...?" Ivy whispered, her eyes wide.

Oliver then checked his arm, removing the bandage. The large chunk of missing skin had somehow regenerated, leaving only a lighter patch, like a healed scar. The disbelief in the room was palpable.

"This is impossible," Daniella murmured, shaking her head.

"We need to find out how this happened," Diego said, his voice steady but filled with urgency.

Ivy, unable to contain her emotions, threw her arms around Oliver. "Don't you ever risk your life like that again," she said, her voice trembling. "You scared me."

Oliver hugged her back, his grip reassuring. "I'm sorry, Ivy. I had to keep you safe."

Noah, standing nearby, couldn't help but interject. "Ivy, you should be the last one talking about scaring people. Your eyes were glowing red, and you ripped that new type of Dreadling's head off like it was nothing."

Ivy pulled back from Oliver, her brow furrowed in confusion. "My eyes were red?" she asked, looking around at her friends.

"Yeah," Noah confirmed. "You didn't know?"

Ivy shook her head. "No, but I did feel a surge of power after I got mad at the Dreadling for hurting Oliver."

Diego stepped forward, his expression serious. "This raises more questions and concerns. We need to get to the bottom of this."

Daniella nodded in agreement. "We should start by examining the site where Oliver was injured and see if there's any trace of what caused this rapid healing."

"And we need to figure out what's happening with Ivy's powers," Noah added. "If her eyes are glowing red and she's getting stronger, we need to understand why."

Asher sighed putting his hand into his hair, "We need to stick together no matter what, all these new things are giving me a headache."

Oliver placed a hand on Ivy's shoulder. "Me too. But we have no choice but to start thinking of something, let's get to work."

The room was filled with a tense silence as the kids processed the recent revelations. Suddenly, the door swung open, and Mr. S entered, followed closely by Dr. Harper. The air seemed to thicken with his presence, and everyone instinctively tensed up.

Dr. Harper, noticing the tension, spoke first. "I allowed you all to stay together because I thought it would help you recover. But now, we need to discuss what happens next."

Mr. S stepped forward, his eyes cold and calculating. "Indeed. It's time to make some decisions."

Ivy stood up, her eyes narrowing. "What do you mean?"

Mr. S smirked. "You've all shown remarkable abilities, especially you, Ivy. It's time we take a closer look at what makes you so special."

Both Oliver and Nolan stepped in front of Ivy protectively. "You're not taking her anywhere." Nolan said.