Wrong choice.

Chapter 11

               Dr. Harper nodded and left the lab, her heart heavy with dread. She made her way to Ivy's room, knocking gently before entering.

"Ivy, we need to talk," she said softly.

Ivy looked up from her bed, her eyes wary. "What now?"

Dr. Harper sat down beside her, her expression serious. "Mr. S wants to run more tests. He needs you to help."

Ivy's eyes widened with fear. "No. I'm not doing it. Not after what happened yesterday."

"Ivy, please," Dr. Harper said, her voice pleading. "I know you're scared. But we need to understand what's happening."

Ivy's voice was filled with bitterness. "I think you need to understand. Understand that none of us deserve this."

Dr. Harper said, shaking her head. "You're right you don't and if it was entirely up to me, I wouldn't allow this, but it isn't."

Ivy's fists clenched at her sides. "You work here, don't you? You need to call this off."

Dr. Harper took a deep breath, her voice steady. "Ivy, I wish I could. I know you won't believe me, but I promise you I am trying to stop this. I need you to just work with me for now. There's not much I can say since you are still a patient in this, but there's times where I am treated as you are."

"Work with you?" Ivy's laugh was hollow. "I'm tired Dr. Harper. why do I have too?"

Dr. Harper reached out, gently taking Ivy's hand. "Ivy, I'm afraid you know the answer. I know you're not a lab rat, and you shouldn't be treated this way. I know you feel angry. But in order for me to try and make things right, just cooperate."

Ivy looked away, "I just want to know that I'm not going to be hurt again."

Dr. Harper moved closer, her voice gentle but firm. "Ivy, I promise you, I'll do everything in my power to protect you."

Ivy took a deep breath, her body still tense but her resolve strengthening. "Just don't let me die."

Dr. Harper nodded, her heart heavy with the weight of Ivy's words. "I will do my best."

Ivy nodded, her eyes filled with a mixture of hope and doubt.

Dr. Harper stood up, giving Ivy a reassuring smile. "Get ready. We need to go to the lab."

After Ivy got ready, they walked through the hallways, Ivy's fear grew with each step. When they reached the lab, Mr. S was waiting, his expression unreadable.

"Are you ready?" he asked Ivy.

Ivy took a deep breath, her heart pounding as she stepped back onto the platform. She could feel the dreadling's eyes on her, its presence suffocating. She glanced at Dr. Harper, who gave her a reassuring nod.

Dr. Harper said softly. "Just stay strong."

Ivy nodded, her resolve hardening. She stepped into the containment chamber, the door closing behind her with a heavy thud. the sound of this dreadling sending shivers down her spine, its eyes glowing with a malevolent red light.

Just as Mr. S was about to say for them to unchain the dreadling through the intercom tje chains around it snapped.

The dreadling lunged at Ivy, its claws slashing through the sir, this one was far worse than the last. Ivy dodged to the side, her movements quick and precise. She felt a surge of adrenaline as she countered with a powerful kick, sending the creature stumbling backward.

"She's quick," Mr. S's voice echoed.

The dreadling recovered quickly, charging at her again. Ivy met it head-on, her fists and feet moving in a blur of strikes and blocks. She felt a strange energy coursing through her veins, her strength increasing with each blow.