Hidden.

chapter 6.

         Ivy nodded, "where do I go?" She didn't know whether she should trust him or not but at this moment there wasn't enough time, they had to take what go with whatever they could think of. And only Nolan knew a place to go to at this time.

Nolan's voice was low, a smirk still visible on his face, "Turn right on the next light post, then take the next left and there should be a big enough home for all of us." 

Ivy nodded as she did exactly what Nolan said. He didn't lie, there was a good-sized home for them. "Is this one it?" she asked.

Nolan's eyes softened, relief pouring off of his body. "Yeah, park the car over there so it's not too visible." He said pointing to the back of the house. Ivy nodded and did just that. 

They all cautiously walk out of the car, their eyes scanning the surroundings for any signs of danger. Nolan's instructions had led them to a modest house, its exterior worn but sturdy. The group hesitates for a moment before walking inside.

Inside, the house is surprisingly spacious. The living room is cozy, with a worn but comfortable couch and a fireplace that promises warmth. The kitchen, though small, is well-equipped, and the dining area has enough chairs for everyone. The bedrooms are tiny, but each has a bed and a small window, offering just enough space for a restful night.

Ivy takes a deep breath, trying to shake off the tension from their journey. She moves to the kitchen, her movements purposeful as she starts to prepare a simple but hearty soup. The familiar task of cooking helps her adjust to the new environment, and soon the comforting aroma of simmering vegetables fills the air.

As the group gathers around the dining table, Ivy hands out the soup into bowls. They eat in relative silence at first, the events of the day weighing heavily on their minds. Nolan sits at the end of the table, his presence a reminder of the tension that still lingers.

"Thank you, Ivy," Daniella says, breaking the silence. "This is exactly what we needed."

Ivy nods. "of course." she replies softly. "It's been a long day."

Nolan clears his throat, drawing everyone's attention. "I know me just joining you out of the blue can be pretty different and unexpected," he begins, his voice steady. "But we're safe here, at least for tonight. We should try to get some rest."

The group murmurs in agreement, the tension easing slightly as they finish their meal. One by one, they head to their respective rooms, each door closing softly behind them. The rooms are small, but the proximity offers a sense of security. They may be sleeping apart, but they are still close enough to feel connected.

Ivy lingers in the kitchen for a moment, cleaning up and making sure everything is in order. She glances around the house, her protective instincts still on high alert. Somewhat calm that they others feel good enough to go to the rooms, Ivy washed her dish and went to her room.

Ivy laid in her room, staring at the ceiling, her mind racing with the events of the day. Sleep eluded her, and the weight of everything they had been through pressed heavily on her chest. She didn't feel like crying, but she couldn't find peace either. Frustrated, she grabbed her gun and quietly slipped outside.

The night air was cool, and the silence was almost suffocating. Without thinking, Ivy aimed at the smallest targets she could find—an old can, a distant tree branch—and fired. The sharp cracks of the gunshots echoed through the deserted streets, a release for her pent-up stress. Bringing her back to the days she would go to the shooting range to let out her thoughts then.

Inside the house, Oliver jolted awake at the sound of the shots. His heart pounded as he quickly got up and rushed outside, fearing the worst. When he saw Ivy, her face illuminated by the moonlight, he felt a mix of relief and concern.