New encounters.

chapter 3

          The once vibrant city of Tokyo now felt like a nightmare, and they knew they had to rely on each other to survive whatever horrors lay ahead. As the group stood in the hallway, still reeling from the horrifying sight in Ms. Thompson's room, a distant scream echoed down the corridor. The sound was chilling, filled with terror and desperation. It sent a shiver down everyone's spine, freezing them in place.

Daniella clung to Diego, her eyes wide with fear. "What was that?" she whispered, her voice trembling. Diego tightened his grip on her, "I don't know, but we need to stay together. We can't let anything happen to any of us." Asher's face grew paler. "Yeah, and we have to be careful, we don't know what we're dealing with." Oliver, his usual shyness replaced by fear, nodded. "Okay but...we should still move quickly." Ivy felt her heart pounding in her chest. The scream had brought back the sense of dread she had felt in her visions. "Alright, let's go," Ivy said, her voice firm. "Stay close and stay quiet." With that, they began to move down the hallway, their senses on high alert. 

The distant scream had shaken them, but they knew they had to stay strong and stick together if they were going to survive whatever horrors lay ahead. The once vibrant city of Tokyo now felt like a nightmare, and they could only hope to find a way out before it was too late. The group moved cautiously down the hallway, their footsteps echoing in the eerie silence. The distant scream had left them all on edge, their senses heightened as they approached the end of the corridor.

The flickering lights cast unsettling shadows on the walls, adding to the sense of dread that hung in the air. As they reached the end of the hallway, they found a door slightly opened. The faint light from inside spilled out into the corridor, casting a dim glow. Asher took a deep breath and gently pushed the door open. Inside, the room was in disarray. Furniture was overturned, papers and belongings scattered across the floor. The air was thick with the smell of something metallic—blood. 

In the center of the room, they saw a figure slumped against the wall, motionless. Daniella gasped, her hand flying to her mouth. "Oh my God," she whispered, tears welling up in her eyes once again as her voice trembled with fear. Diego stepped forward, his instincts in overdrive. "Stay back," he said, his voice firm. "Let me check." Asher nodded, his face pale but determined. "Be careful, Diego." Diego approached the figure cautiously, his heart pounding. 

           As he got closer, he realized it was one of the hotel staff, their uniform stained with blood. The person was barely conscious, their breathing shallow and labored. "We need to help them," Diego said, turning back to the group. "They're still alive." Ivy, feeling a surge of determination, stepped forward. "We need to find something to stop the bleeding. Is there a first aid kit around here?" Oliver, his fear momentarily forgotten, began searching the room. "I'll help look." As they searched for supplies, the injured staff member managed to whisper, their voice weak. "It's... it's not safe... you need to leave while you still can..." Daniella knelt beside them, her tears falling freely. "What happened? Who did this to you?" The staff member's eyes fluttered open, filled with pain and fear.

"It... it came out of nowhere... something... something attacked us...not a person..." Oliver found a first aid kit and brought it over. Ivy responded quickly, "We need to stop the bleeding and get them to safety." Ivy and Diego worked quickly to bandage the wounds; their hands steady despite the fear they felt. The staff member's breathing became more even, but they were still in critical condition. 

"We need to get out of here," Ivy said, her voice firm. "We can't stay in this hotel. It's not safe." Asher nodded; his expression grim. "Let's get them to a safer place and figure out our next move." With the injured staff member supported between Diego and Asher, the group made their way back down the hallway. The hotel staff worker appeared to be young, around 20 years old. His face was pale, and his breathing was shallow. Ivy, having been in difficult situations in her past, knew she had to act quickly.