Chapter 18: Monaco, day 1 - brunch

The sun filtered through the white linen curtains, filling the room with a warm golden light, when you wake up slowly, stretching in the soft bed; yesterday the exhaustion had overwhelmed you and you had fallen asleep immediately, collapsing in Toto's bed.

Perplexed you look around, trying to figure out where he is; his sudden absence fills you with a sense of emptiness but then you reassure yourself thinking that he had probably gone out to get the newspaper, like all the men you know do.

You decide to get up, though somewhat reluctantly, and go to the kitchen; once there, you notice a cup in the sink: it seems that he had a quick breakfast before going out.

You check the time and realize that is already quite late, the perfect time to prepare brunch.

You open the refrigerator and found the ingredients to make delicious pancakes: you start mixing flour, milk and eggs in a large bowl, then you add a pinch of sugar and a bit of baking powder and, while the butter melts in the pan, you slice some fresh strawberries, blueberries and bananas; they seems so good, maybe more delicuous then the Carlos' ones!

Then you make some crispy bacon and scrambled eggs, flavored with a bit of chives, to make the breakfast more rich and tasty.

You are completely immersed in cooking, focused on creating the perfect brunch, that you didn't hear that the door opens and closes softly; Toto has come back without making a sound, thinking you are still asleep, and, when he sees you busy cooking, he stops for a moment to take in the scene, with a proud and loving smile.

He approach quietly, trying not to startle you: his arms gently wrap around you and, after that, he starts to give you little kisses on the neck, making you feeling a wave of warmth and smiling.

"Good morning, beautiful..." he whisper, warmly.

You turn slightly, looking into his eyes.

"Good morning, i thought it could be nice to have a brunch together"

He nods, his eyes sparkling with happiness.

"That sounds wonderful, i can't wait to taste everything you've prepared!"

As you finished cooking, he stayed by your side helping you setting the table and telling you about his morning walk; the brunch turned out to be delicious and you spent the rest of the day together laughing, talking, and enjoying each other's company.