Chapter 2: Discovery

After waiting that you come in the office, Toto closes the door behind you and gestures for you to take a seat in front of his desk; after you sit, he does the same on his chair, with his gaze fixed on you.

"So, I heard that there's been a lot of gossip going around about you. Many engineers are doubting your abilities; they say that you're here because of your gender, in few words they think that you only got hired because of equality"

"It's funny that they are judging my work skills without ever having seen me working"

"Unfortunately, there's still a lot of misogyny in the paddock; when they see a woman immediately start doubting about hers skills"

"How stupid, you would never have hired me if I didn't have excellent skills"

"You are right but i have to tell you that you're not only smart, physically you're quite stunning too"

"As all the Mercedes' employees" you joke.

He raises an eyebrow and a smirk forms on his lips after hearing your joke.

"However I studied a lot for this job so, beautiful or not, I want to be respected in my abilities. Please tell it to all your employees" you say.

He is filled by the fire that moves your words.

"You're so cute when you're nervous"

After hearing that you go from nervous to pissed off.

"Are you getting angry, doll? Why?" he says.

At the word <doll> you start to can't stand that situation anymore and you just want to go back to the garage to work, to avoid hitting your boss with a direct punch in his face; you decide to turn around, showing him your back, and walk toward the door.

"Wait, I have more to tell you" he says.

"I have to get back to work, you've already said enough for today"

You leave the office, slamming the door.

"What a child..." he says, laughting at all the situation.