Chapter 22: Podium

It's Friday at the Austin Grand Prix and, while the entire paddock buzzes with frantic activity, your attention is divided.

While the other team members are busy with interviews and briefings, you sit in a quiet corner of the motorhome, scrolling through online bridal catalogs: every dress seems too traditional and stiff for you... You want something sporty that reflects your personality and your passion for racing! However, every option seems far from the ideal you have in mind.

-

On Saturday, between free practice sessions, you and Toto use every breaks to have mini-consultations about the venue and decorations: every detail must be perfect, so you have to talk about flowers and tables with the roar of engines in the background; Toto is always calm and reassuring, his support an anchor of serenity amidst the storm of commitments.

-

But on Sunday, during the race, your concentration is entirely on Lando; every turn, overtake and pit stop is calculated to the millimeter.

However, one particular moment before it catches your attention: a couple making a marriage proposal on the podium; the scene sets your imagination flying and, for a moment, you picture your special day.

To your great surprise, Lando not only holds his own against the competition but dominates the race, taking first place; Oscar, his teammate, finishes second, and Max, on the podium as usual, takes the third spot.

The euphoria is palpable.

Zak and Andrea, aware of your upcoming wedding, push you to step onto the podium with Lando; you're nervous, for the thought of being in front of such a large crowd, but Lando, always attentive and considerate, takes your arm and accompanies you to your place before stepping onto the top podium step.

The height and the sight of the crowd make your legs tremble for a moment but then you notice Toto: his eyes are filled with joyful tears as he applauds loudly; that moment of visual connection makes all your fears vanish.

The champagne shower that follows is a moment of pure joy: Lando, Oscar and even Max, briliant drivers but also your friends, involve you in the celebration; the laughter and the energy of the moment make you forget all your anxieties and knowing that Toto, but also Zak and Andrea, is looking at you from the other side of the podium makes you understand that, no matter how big the challenges ahead are, you can overcome anything together.

-

At the end of the day, with the sun setting and the paddock slowly emptying, you find yourself next to Toto, his arms wrap around you in a reassuring embrace.

"You were fantastic today" he says, with a smile, "and I can't wait to see you walk towards me on our wedding day"

You smile, feeling finally complete; the future you've imagined is now within reach and, with Toto by your side, you're ready to live it to the fullest.