Chapter 22 : Sisters In the Shadows...

The night was unusually quiet, and this kind of silence that made Aadhira's skin prickle with unease. She was getting an instinct that signaled something was wrong. " Nishu di, hume lagta hai jiji is in danger " she said, her voice trembling slightly.

Nitasha looked up from her laptop, concern etched on her face. " Uhm, any signal? " she asked, her fingers hovering over the keyboard.

Before Aadhira could say anything, her phone buzzed with an alert. She glanced at the screen and her heart skipped a beat. The tracking device she had discreetly attached to Haseena's bracelet was signaling an unexpected change in location.

" Dii... Fast... We need to leave! " Aadhira's voice was urgent, her eyes wide with fear. The sudden movement could only mean one thing: Haseena was in trouble.

......

" Raj....! Follow us with force " Nitasha sent a quick message to the IB office as she increased the speed of the car.

" Be careful " Raj warned. " The Black Cobra is ruthless. They won't hesitate to kill. "

Nitasha's grip tightened on the steering wheel as she sped through the city streets, Aadhira by her side. " We have to get to her before it's too late, nothing else matters. " she said.

.......

Haseena's world had become a blur of shadows and pain. She was bound to a cold metal chair, her wrists tied with the ropes that cut into her skin. The dim light in the room flickered, casting eerie shadows on the walls. Raghav, the ruthless lieutenant of The Black Cobra, appeared before her.

" Welcome.... Agent Tejas! Dekho, time tumhare paas bhi zyada nahi hai, aur naa hi hum log ke paas. So it's better tumhe jo pata chala hai wo saaf saaf bata do " Raghav demanded.

Haseena smirked, her eyes glinting with defiance. " Lagta hai Agent Tejas se mulaqat pehli baar ho raha hai apke " she said in a calm, almost mocking tone.

Raghav's face twisted with anger. " Lagta hai aise nahi maanogi tum " he said, gritting his teeth. He stepped closer, his eyes narrowing. " But trust me, you'll talk. Everyone does eventually. "

He signaled one of his men to come forward. The thug approached, holding a small, sharp knife. He pressed the blade against Haseena's arm, drawing a thin line of blood. But Haseena barely flinched. The physical pain was nothing compared to the emptiness she felt inside.

As the man continued his cruel work, Haseena's mind drifted. Her mind was occupied with the thoughts of her sister, the moments they shared— all those moments which were a past memory now. 

Raghav's voice cut through her thoughts. " You think you can bring down The Black Cobra? " he sneered. " You're nothing but a pawn in a game you can't even begin to understand. "

Haseena's eyes met his, but there was no fear, no defiance. She felt nothing. The pain they inflicted on her was just a distant sensation, a dull ache that barely registered. She had lost interest in life, and with it, the ability to feel anything deeply.

Raghav grew frustrated with her lack of response. He grabbed her by the hair, forcing her to look at him. " Tell us what you know, or this will only get worse " he threatened.

But Haseena remained silent. She had nothing left to lose. The physical torture was a mere distraction from the real agony she felt inside. The loss of her sister had left a void that nothing could fill, and no amount of pain could compare to that emptiness.

Just as the thug raised the knife again, a loud crash echoed through the warehouse. The door burst open, and Aadhira stormed in, her eyes blazing with fury. Nitasha followed closely behind, her tech skills having disabled the security systems.

" Get away from my sister! " Aadhira shouted, her voice filled with determination. She threw a knife swiftly, hitting the thug in the shoulder and causing him to drop the blade.

" Sister...? " Haseena flinched, her mind struggling to process what was happening.

" Who the hell are you...? " Raghav shouted, his eyes wide with shock, seeing a lookalike of Haseena Malik's younger sister standing before him.

" Karishma Malik, aka Aadhira Sharma " came the answer, delivered with a smirk. Before Haseena could fully grasp the truth, she saw Raghav falling to the ground, incapacitated by Aadhira's swift and precise attack.

Nitasha rushed to Haseena's side, quickly untying her hands. " Tum thik ho na... ? " she asked, her eyes brim. Haseena nodded, her gaze fixed on Aadhira.

Hope you have liked the part...

Don't forget to vote and comment your reviews 💗💫