Chapter 5

After exploring the district 7 level, Sylvie was quickly whisked away downwards to her prep team

After exploring the district 7 level, Sylvie was quickly whisked away downwards to her prep team. The girl let out a small sigh of relief when she saw that all three of the people on her prep team were women. She had no idea what she would've done if her prep team was full of men staring her down.

Her prep team quickly whisked her clothes away, bringing her towards a bathtub. She was instructed to get inside it while they start running the warm water. They didn't have warm water back in seven well not unless they boiled it before hand, but that could take hours if they wanted a bathtub full of warm water. The girl silently sighed closing her eyes as the water started to hit her ivory skin. All she could think about was the other day, back home safe, with her mom.

The girl opened her eyes looking up at the celling and then down at her hands again, her focus on her skin and bone structure in her hands. But all she could think about was her mom, the girl huffed why did her name have to be Ivory the most used word to describe her skin. Tears started filling the girls eyes, she could hear her prep team in the other room which meant they'd probably come back soon.

Sylvie sunk deeper into the tub ducking her head under the water, she knew the capitol was dumb, but not this dumb. Who would leave a child about to be sent into a death game alone with a big enough body of water to unalive someone. But that wasn't why she was under water, the girl didn't want to die let drown herself. If she was to die she'd be surrounded by nature, happy, peaceful, and home.

That's where she should be, at home with her mom, Cassia and Elowen. Happily swimming in the lake, laughing loudly at her friends joke, but no she was in the capitol about to be sent to her death. The girl laid their in the water waiting for her prep team to come back, on command almost she heard the door open. It didn't take long before they started scrubbing away at her trying to remove any and all traces of district seven.

Pine needles had been removed from her hair, the small dirt and grim from the dirt and lake scrubbed away. Maybe even skin at how hard they were scrubbing. All that was left a red ish almost blood looking stain on her palm. It was from the red cowberries she had picked the other day, the only dead give away she was from district seven. Those were the district berries and it only grew there.