Chapter 1

"slow down cass, the peacekeepers are going to hear you

"slow down cass, the peacekeepers are going to hear you." a panting brunette girl told her friend, who gave her a chuckle. Cassia slowed down to keep her friend from worrying too much. "oh come on, at this rate we will be at the lake by sundown."

The brunette gave her an offended stare together with a fake pout. "I'm not that slow, you're just fast." That comment made the other girl laugh in response. Sylvie quickly covered the girls mouth, she looked around worriedly to check if anyone had heard them.

"you have got to learn how to be more quiet. at this rate it wouldn't surprise me if your mom got a bunch of warning, due to your behaviour."

"come on Sylvie, not this again. I'll be fine let me live a little. My mom worries about everything now a days, it's really frustrating to be around her." the blonde sighed and looked at her friend. She grabs her hand for comfort, not letting go while they continued their short walk to the small lake outside of the victors village.

They both knew they weren't supposed to be near that lake, it was for victor's only. Even though Cassia's mom was a victor, they still weren't allowed to use it. "I'll never get sick of how beautiful this place is. It's like a fairytale setting, the trees that hide the lake, and the flower that surround it." Sylvie nodded in agreement as she sat down on the grass surrounding the lake.

The Barnett girl takes a deep breath inhaling the smell of fresh pine and water mixed together, it created a fresh aroma that represented their home. Cassia sits down next to her friend, also taking in the fresh smell.

The two teens sat in silence for while taking in the setting and enjoying the feeling of being free. Sylvie had started picking a few berries that were near the lake, when she spotted a few lady bugs. With the Hand that wasn't full of berries, she picked up a lady bug. The tiny insect walk around her palm with it tiny feet tickling against her hand.

Sylvie studied the tiny creature, it was no harm to humans. But yet some people would still kill it, merely because it's a small insect. It was like the spiders. Barely any of them are harmful, most of them are actually rather important and helpful.But that doesn't stop them from being killed.