Chapter 7

(disclaimer please don't be a silent reader, please vote for the chapters and leave comments)

The next morning the brunette girl was sitting at the dining table yet again, she was zoning out the other's talk whilst fiddling with her fingers

The next morning the brunette girl was sitting at the dining table yet again, she was zoning out the other's talk whilst fiddling with her fingers. It was the first day of training day which also meant one day closer to the actual games, Sylvie didn't want to die. None of these kids wanted to die, because they were just that, kids.

The girl could tell that Elowen was eyeing her from her seat, the older woman could read the girl like a book. Every emotion, every look, everything and anything about the girl, the woman knew about. Sylvie picked at her weird-looking so-called "protein shake" It smelled a lot like a spread that she once had tasted back in seven called peanut butter. Ram had put them on a strict diet so that the two tributes would gain the most weight possible in the upcoming week.

"Sylvie you have to eat," Elowen said to the brunette girl with a stern look. The young girl sighed quietly and huffed to herself.  "Why?" The girl asked crossing her arms. "Because it will actually give you a fair chance at survival and wining." The girl didn't care whatsoever and continued playing with the protein shake. "I don't want to be a victor or a tribute, I want to home" the girl took a sip of the protein shake.

It wasn't fair everyone at home was probably starving whilst here she was trying to eat more than she could handle just to gain weight. More specifically to survive a death game that was created by the government. A government that was supposed to protect and love all its citizens. But they do the opposite.

Sylvie was upset, mad, angry every ounce of hatred you could feel, every bad emotion, everything all of it is how she felt towards the capitol. A country that once was fair, democratic, and free was now destroyed, a living nightmare. Not one ounce of privacy or safety, and for what? Something that her ancestors did over seventy years ago. It wasn't fair. She shouldn't have to die because of them. Her brother shouldn't have died because of it. Her father shouldn't have died because he was upset and angry at the system's unfairness.

Johanna shouldn't have had to kill all those people to survive, she shouldn't have had to watch her family get killed just because she didn't want to be sold. Annie Cresta shouldn't have been forced to watch her district partner be beheaded. Finnick Odair shouldn't have been forced to fight to his death and survive at 14. He also shouldn't have been forced to be sold to save his family.