Part 1 Chapter 14: Dance

He led me to the center of the room with the music starting from the very beginning. I placed my hand on his shoulder and he placed his around my waist. He led and I followed.

"You really were from this era." He said somewhat sarcastically.

I smiled and said, "I told you."

"Then why the reluctance?" he asked.

"Because I didn't want to dance much less come here."

"And why is that?"

"I'm avoiding someone," I said as he turned me.

"Aren't we all?" He said, smiling at me.

"You're avoiding someone as well? What would a King need to run from?"

"I'll answer for another dance."

"It's none of my business. Forget it."

"Who are you avoiding?" He asked me.

"A guy." I responded.

"And how do you know that I am not that guy?"

"Because your hair color is different. As are your eyes and your voice." I said.

"For someone seeming to avoid him, you certainly know a lot about him."

I laughed and signed as we distanced ourselves three feet putting our hands in the center and turning.

"I have to know him if I am looking to avoid him," I said.

He smiled and switched directions in which we were turning.

"Who are you?" he asked me.

"If I wanted you to know I would have not worn the mask."

"I wear a mask and yet you know who I am." It seemed like a question but his smile through me off.

"That's because you carry yourself in a certain way. You want people to know who you are, I don't."

"You do know that you have to tell me who you are in order to deliver what it is you asked for. How else am I supposed to get it to you? "

"No, I don't," I looked over at Ahati, who rolled his eyes and walked in our direction.

The music was still going as Ahati handed me a piece of paper and a pen. I took it and began to write down an address. I handed it over to Sa.

"Just bring the piece here," I said, handing over the piece of paper.

"And how will you know when it has been delivered?" He asked me

"I'll know."

He took my hand once again and we continued to dance when I looked over to the blonde girl whom he had rejected. He noticed me looking at her and smirked.

"Do you know her?"

"Do you not?" he asked me.

I shook my head and he laughed.

"You figured me out quite quickly from my walk I would have thought you figured her out as well."

I looked over at her again, looking closer at anything that could hint at who she was. She had her face turned to the side looking at Monica who was looking at me. I turned back to her to face her and she caught my stare. She rolled her eyes at me and I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Did you figure it out?"

"Still a suck-up even now huh?" I said looking at her one last time.

"You did figure it out then." He said smiling.

I nodded and heard another chime, fearful I decided to not look at the door as it opened. I continued to let myself get distracted by the dancing.

"Are you not going to look?"

"That would be rude I'm dancing with you," I said.

"Haha, are you scared that he might be the person you are avoiding?"

"Is it a guy?" I asked with a scared voice.

He laughed and placed his hand on my chin turning it to the direction of the door. Sure enough, it was a guy, and he had blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Is it him?"

"No, it's not," I said turning my head back to Sa, the song now over. I took a step back, bowed, and began to walk away.

"Let's do this again sometime." He said.

I looked back and smiled nodding, making my way back to Monica.

"Well, what was that about?" Monica asked nudging me.

I was blushing a bit and shook my head. "It was nothing. Where is Noya?"

Monica pointed toward the door, where the new guy had entered.

"Ahh, I knew it was you," Noya said in a high shreek, hugging the stranger.

"I have to leave, now."

"Why?" Monica asked.

"That's why," I said, pointing at Noya who was still hugging the stranger.

"What about it?"

"Don't you remember who Noya, Nefer is related to?"

"Ohh, OHH SHIT." Moncia siad in a hushed voice.

"Exactly, he's here," I said in a panicked voice.

"How is he even here, I thought you said you suspected him being at your school. Didn't you tell everyone at that school that you would be at the banquet?" She asked me.

"I did, I guess he didn't buy it."

"She's right here," Noya said out loud, making her way to us.

Monica was starting to shove me but I kept turning my head realizing that there was nowhere for me to run.

"Just go, go!" Monica said screaming in a whisper.

"Where the hell am I supposed to go now?" I whispered back angrily.

"This is her," Noya said thankfully pointing to Monica.

I took a deep sigh of relief.

"Hello," he said looking a Monica.

I bowed my head toward all of them and started to make my way away from all of them.

"Where are you going?" He said in a commanding voice.

I turned my head to look at him but Monica put her arm out blocking me from walking any closer to him.

"It's you isn't it?" He asked.

"Leave her alone," Monica said to him, "she's her as my guest."

He tilted his head looking at me and then straightened his head looking at Monica with a scoff before talking back.

"Really? And what did Ahati, say to you about bringing a guest? I doubt he would have allowed it."

I started looking around for anything to get us out of this situation before but nothing, my mistake was looking at him...

"Desher that you isn't it." He said so confidently.

I shook my head and was ready to just run out of that room when a voice spoke out again.

"I was wondering when you were going to ask for me."

It wasn't me who answered that, it was the blonde girl who had been ignored by Sa. My jaw dropped as I got confirmation of my pervious belief of who she was.