9. Talking With Rohini

I was troubled a lot after reading the letter.

I had to distract myself.

And then I remembered I had to talk with Rohini. I got up and went into her room with the bangles maa gave me. I had started calling Maharani Kunti as my mother.

No matter how angry I was at her but I respected and admired her a lot even in my era when I heard her tales except for the story of the person I reincarnated as.

Rohini was looking outside of her balcony and she seemed in a daze.

"Rohini", I said.

She turned around and saw me. I got alert seeing her fearful expressions. I had to be careful with the words I spoke and how she interpret them.

I walked closer to her and then stood beside her.

I noticed her fidgeting with her fingers.

It felt terrible to see your own wife this scared of you.

"Darling. Are you fine?" I asked.

She nodded slowly. I forwarded my hand and she looked at me. She kept her hand on mine hesitantly but I saw tears gathering in the corner of her eyes.

"I won't do anything. I won't force you", I assured.

It was horrific to think what the women went through. They couldn't do anything in case the men they didn't know anything about forced them on bed only to forget them till rest of lives.

I made Rohini sit on the swing.

"How do you like the weather today?" I asked.

"It's amazing. It's pleasent", she said. I smiled at her. She seemed to enjoy the weather.

I felt like she was a nature enthusiast.

"How about I bring snacks for you? Maybe something hot to drink", I offered.

Too bad. Tea or coffee doesn't exist here.

I can make it though.

"No Arya. You don't. I will do it", she said hurriedly and I rolled my eyes.

"Why can't I do anything for my beautiful wife? After all I hurt her a lot", I said softly.

"Arya--" she stammered.

"I am talking about killing your father. I know it was wrong. I know my sorry can't justify it. Even then it's my duty to apologise to you. I am sorry for the pain I caused you. I never intended to do it", I said.

What just happened?

She hugged me taking me aback when I told her my apologies.

I was shocked at her sudden move.

I thought she would be angry at me but here the scenario was different.

"I-I miss him. I am...scared", she cried. My heart broke hearing her sobs. I just didn't want any tears in the eyes of my wives.

"Rohini, baby please don't cry", I said and made her face me. I cupped her face and wiped her tears.

"These pearls are precious. Please don't let them fall", I said and she gasped at my words as a blush rose on her cheeks.

I chuckled softly.

"Rohini. I know what I did was unfair with you. Your father had done evil deeds and I couldn't back off my duty since it involved my kingdom in the people he tortured for years. I wouldn't have married you as a sign of my victory. I would never do that with anyone but the matter came at your dignity and I had no option left", I explained.

"But that doesn't mean I will do anything I want. That you need to be scared of me. No. A partner should never be scared. That is not healthy. That is not good. I want your love and want to give you the same love as well. And I will wait till the time you trust me. Nothing in this world can pull me apart from any of my wives. I assure you", I promised and smiled.

"Your words touch the soul Arya. How do you manage to do that?" She asked softly.

"I don't pretend, Rohini. I speak what's in my heart. Maybe the truthfulness behind my words seems appealing to you. And I will prove that my words are my identity. That I won't back off from what I said", I told her and she smiled big.

"For now. I have a gift for you at the start of our beautiful relationship", I said.

She looked at me curiously.

I took out the bangles and she gasped in surprise. I held her hands and made her wear the bangles.

"I hope you like them", I said genuinely and she grinned with tears and nodded.

"They are lovely", she smiled big.

"Ah! Don't think these bangles add to your beauty. It's you who make these bangles beautiful", I said cheekily.

She face palmed as she went betroot red and I laughed hard and kissed on her hair.

"You are so creative with what you say", she said shyly.

"I know right. But you taught me that. Your beauty makes my heart faint", I winked and she looked away with completely red face.

"Arya", she whined as she looked back at me when I didn't stop laughing.

"Ok. Ok. Sorry", I said and snickered.

"Are you sleepy?" I asked seeing her eyes and she nodded while yawning cutely.

I made her lie on the bed and caressed her hair.

"You aren't scared of me right?" I asked hopefully and she nodded.

I kept doing it till she slept. I tucked her in the duvet and kissed her forehead.

I went outside.

I stopped when I saw Arjun practising archery with full focus. He was too good. I could see it.

After all, he's Gandiv-dhaari.

A proud feeling rose in my chest seeing my brother grown up so well but my heart sank when I remembered that letter.

The words expressed that the princess loved me a lot and she could never fulfill the soul connection in the relationship with Arjun except for the so called children bearing duties of this era.

I was conflicted.

What should I do?!