Waking Up

Three weeks go by

There is no change with you. Charles spends most of his time next to your bed talking to you. He's beginning to give up hope and is worried he is going to lose you.

He is sitting by your bedside talking to you. You start to open your eyes a little.

Charles rushes to get the doctor as you wake up

Charles rushes to get the doctor as you wake up. You panic not knowing where you are. Doctor "it's okay relax for me, I'm a doctor your in hospital you had an accident do you remember"
Charles holds you hand gently to comfort you "it's okay I'm here take your time"
You look at him confused "who are you"
Charles "it's me Charles"
Doctor "do you remember what happened"
You pull your hand away from Charles "who is he why is he here, I want to go home"
Doctor "I'm sorry I'll have to ask you to leave Charles"
Charles sad and confused "she doesn't remember me?"
Doctor "please don't worry it may just be because she has just woken up"
Charles "how could she forget me" as he leaves the room.

A little while later the doctor goes to talk to Charles, "can I go and see her"
Doctor "I'm not sure that's a good idea maybe you should come back tomorrow and with pictures"
Charles "why doesn't she remember me"

Doctor "it's amnesia she has amnesia"Charles "so she doesn't remember anything"Doctor "well she may remember some things that's why you should bring in pictures to help her remember"Charles "so she will remember me"Doctor "I can't guarantee it but...

Charles "so she doesn't remember anything"
Doctor "well she may remember some things that's why you should bring in pictures to help her remember"
Charles "so she will remember me"
Doctor "I can't guarantee it but I hope so" Charles runs out to go get some pictures wanting to do whatever it takes to help you. Doctor "where are you going"
Charles "to get pictures"

Charles comes back a while later. You are laying in bed watching tv. The doctor goes to Charles before he goes in. Doctor "give her time, be gentle and introduce yourself to her as Charles and slowly let her know you were almost married"
Charles "does she remember the skiing accident"
Doctor "no but I have talked to her about it and she knows what happens"
Charles goes in. You look at him and look a little unsure of Charles as he walks over to you "hi I know you don't remember me but I'm Charles"
Y/n "your right I don't remember you I think you should leave I'm calling the doctor"
Charles "please I have some pictures I want to show you the doctor said it might help you remember" You turn the tv off and move on the bed to let Charles sit next to you. When he sits too close to you you move over. Charles looks at you sadly as this makes him really realise you don't know who he is and are very unsure of him "I'm sorry" he moves over a little more to give you more space. He takes the photos out the bag and shows you one.

Y/n "that's me and you" you say confused

Charles "yeah that's us decorating the tree a few months ago"
Y/n "I don't remember" Charles shows you another photo of you.

Charles "you looked beautiful that night"Y/n "I do like that dress"Charles "yeah we went shopping, you tried on so many dresses"Y/n "I did? Was worth it for that dress"Charles "yeah that was the first one you tried on I had to go back for it, you ...

Y/n "I do like that dress"
Charles "yeah we went shopping, you tried on so many dresses"
Y/n "I did? Was worth it for that dress"
Charles "yeah that was the first one you tried on I had to go back for it, you had forgotten about it by the end and when I surprised you with it you were so happy" You smile at him a little looking at the picture.